1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs10 short throw lens and ccr filters!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vulkan75, Sep 10, 2003.

1. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,chaps.I have for some months now been enjoying using my hs10 with a short throw lens,but at the cost of being able to fit any cinema filter because the thread is occupied by the lens.

So,I would very much like to try s/thing like the ccr40.(Which I know wont fit. )
    How do I get around this problem?,i.e using the short throw lens and being able to have a filter at the same time.

Need yr genius guys.

Thanx alex:rolleyes:

2. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not just buy some ND filter material and mount it infront of the lens, it comes in all sizes and with varying factors of filtration. Reckon you might have to try it for yourself in your own environment to settle on the one for you.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, get a resin CC40R. Shouldn't be any heat problems with the filter on the far side of your short throw lens.

They come in 75x75mm & 100x100mm & should cost no more that £10.

Well worth it IMO.

:)

4. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a great idea guys.How would I ensure no ripples(assuming its thin plastic)??:confused:

Any links?:blush:

thnkx

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I think they are actually quite thick platic (resin) so totally rigid. I have a Cokin FLD one I used for the LPX but not tried it on the Z10K yet. Just use some sticky tape (electrical or masking best as leaves no residue when you remove) or similar to attach.

6. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey kramer,got a liknk for the resin filters you mentioned.....;)

Ta.

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya Vulcan.

I got them in a photography supply place in Dublin, so not much use to you I'd say :)

BTW, the ones I got were like the filters with Avia, light stuff - easily cut with a scissors.

HTH.

8. Markatlarks

Markatlarks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I acquired a metre sheet off CC40R Poyester Filter from Lee Filters - 300 mm wide.

I thought that the simplest solution would be to use some sticky tape (of sorts) and simply attach it to the top of the HS10 so that it can be either in front of the lens/dust cover or I can simply 'flip' it up if I want a little extra brightness for TV Sports etc.

It works a treat. No fidli'n, no screwin'n!

So what am I going to do with the rest of the filter sheet I have left over?

Offer it for sale in the appropriate forum. Thanks, - Kramer.