1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Adam M, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Need some help with an odd problem on the screen.

Its one of those intermittent ones which means I am not sure if I want to send it away to get it fixed.

Whilst watching who wants to be a millionaire and various ITV adverts via sky digital on the HS10, I noticed a bright green crack broadcast over the picture. It alsmost looks like a smallm bit of fork lightning.

The crack is intermittent and seems to be related to what colour is being projected around it, except that there is no pattern to it.

ie. in some blacks it is still visible, in others blacks it has gone, as the colour behind it changes, the green crack varies in intensity.

I haven't managed to check if it occurs when dvds are viewed, I wondered if it was some kind of artefact related to the signal coming via the sky digibox.

Worth noting that it was plugged in through a composite s-video converter box as I have been unable to find the rigth lead yet having just moved house.

I have not been able to try it with a dvd player yet (new one hasn't arrived) but I have checked it isn't on the lens protector or cinema filter by removing the first and rotating the second.

It is still within warranty, btu I don't want to lose it for endless weeks for nothing.

2. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    anyone? :(

3. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19

4. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Adam M,

If you unplug all your connections to the PJ a blue screen should appear. Just watch that for a while to see if the artifact appears.

I cant think of anything else to try until you run a dvd through it.

Best of luck...

Klippie.

5. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    the damn thing refused to fire last night and did its old trick of not responding to any mains power.

Anyone else seen this?

its going back to the service centre tomorrow.