Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HS10 Problem with pics. Please look

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jtorry, Oct 25, 2004.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right I posted a few weeks ago and have just got the projector out again to take some pics of the problem. I tried on all inputs and also using the memory stick viewer which atualy looks fine so it must some kind of problem with the inputs. It is hard to explain what is wrong so below are the pics. I think I must have caught the cables while the projector was not in use or something.

Attached Files:

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've seen a similar effect when using a dvd player hooked up with component cables, but without having the dvd player set to output over component..... the colour gets messed up because the projector is expecting a composite signal, not component..... If the projector is displaying appropriately form the memory stick, then there shouldn't be a problem with the LCD panels or the firmware in the projector.

I'd go over the signal chain again (I know you've probably done so already, but that's where the problem seems to be...), check that the source (dvd player, I assume) is set to output over comonent, check that the leads are ok (use a continuity tester) and see if you get a result. Have you tried using Svideo or composite..?

Sean G.

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have tried, DVI, component, Svideo and composite. The leads are fine and the dvd player is deffinately set to the right output for each lead. I have also tried a few dvd players.

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

... well that's that so... I think you'll have to get Sony or a Service Centre to look at it - it's probably one of the circuit boards or a chip fried - I haven't had my hands ona service manual for the HS10/20, but from reading other service manuals, I seem to recall a condition which could give you that effect, requiring replacement of a chip or a small circuit board... One way or another it's got to go somewhere to get fixed. Is it under warranty?

S.

5. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately not. It is 18 months old :mad:

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Oh dear............... :oops: . Commiserations are the order of the day unless someone else can come up with a solution......

S.

7. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Sony has closed down there main Heathrow PJ Service Centre.

You will now have to use Pencoed Service Centre, Glamorgan Tel 01656 867400.

I would guess you'll need to keep a handkerchief close by.... :eek: