HS10 Powerstrip Help Needed - I have searched..but am going mad!

F

FRP

I am hoping someone can fill in the gaps of what I am doing wrong. :(

I have searched and follwed all the threads on Powerstrip and the HS10, but cannot get my PC to display in the 1:1 ratio 1366x768 mode. (or 1368x768)

Hardware:

Projector = HS10
Graphics card = ASUS V9520
OS = Windows XP
Cable = DVI

By default, Windows XP has selected my screen as a "Plug & Play Monitor".

I currently have the display set to 1024x768 (The highest res I can get on the slider).

I have installed Powerstrip and set the custom timings as Kramer and others have suggested:

1368,88,144,232,768,1,3,30,82280,3094*

*Just out of interest, what is the final number about.. ? I can't see where this goes in the text boxes in powerstrip!!

Anyway, I "Add the New Resolution", and the screen goes off for a moment and comes back. It then says I need to reboot, and will then be able to set the screen res.

I definately have the "Hide unsupported resolutions" check box UNTICKED.

I reboot, come back into Windows.

If I look at the XP display properties, the highest I can take the screen hasn't changed and is still on 1024x768.

What am I missing here ? What do I do next to put the screen into the 1366x768 mode ???

Tearing my hair out... please help. :lease:

Thanks,
Scott

Kramer (or Comer or other HS10, HS20 owners) doubtless should be able to give you better guidance, but try loading a Sony Widescreen Monitor driver - can't remember the model no., but if you do asearch for AE100 and Powerstrip it'll turn up..............

Could be a red herring, but worth a try...........

Sean G.

I wonder does the Asus support this resolution. I think that most people (like myself) are using Redeon graphics cards.

Conor

EDIT: Make sure that you have the latest version of Powerstrip

I wonder does the Asus support this resolution.

:blush: I hadn't spotted that...................... :suicide:

I would agree that it could be part of the problem - does it support any other non-standard resolutions - better off with a Radeon for dvd playing anyway, I reckon.......................

Sean G.

Card will support up to 2048, but looked at one of the drivers.

1360 is listed, but no 1366 or 1368.

If I was to switch to a Radeon card. What is the recommended one. I don't want to spend stupid amounts of money, but want to be able to play DVD/Sky etc and still maintain support for DVI and VGA output. (Some of the ATI cards don't seem to support DVI).

Any views on the best one to go for at the moment.

Thanks,
Scott

Looked at the Radeon 9600 cards. These provide the output, but how do you input the signal through the PC. Do you run an All-In-Wonder card along side it, or TV tuner card ?

Just don't want to purchase a new Vid card and find there is another card not mentioned so far for the inputs.

Scott

Looked at the Radeon 9600 cards. These provide the output, but how do you input the signal through the PC. Do you run an All-In-Wonder card along side it, or TV tuner card ?

Just don't want to purchase a new Vid card and find there is another card not mentioned so far for the inputs.

What are you trying to do with your PC (input what signal through it :confused: :confused: ) Are you trying to play dvds or are you trying to route signals from other sources (SKY, Xbox/whatever) through your pc ??

If you're using the pc to play dvds then you don't need to route any signal through it (just use a dvd drive in the pc). If you want to use your PC as a scaler/deinterlacer for SKY etc. then someone else would be better placed to advise you............ you'd be needing a separate capture card (or an ATI All-in-Wonder) and additional software (Dscaler), and a visit to the HCPC forum to do some research probably wouldn't go amiss.......... lots of serious hcpc goodness awaits you there......

Sean G.

Sean,

Thanks for that. Possibly I didn't explain fully, but I thought this was standard. :rolleyes:

I'll take a look at the other forum to check the PC side out. :smashin:

Just FYI, what I am aiming for is:

PC connected through DVI to HS10 and VGA to 15" TFT.

1. PC with Radeon card will be used for DVD playback and also work/e-mail etc but hopefully in full 1:1 res.

2. Input from Amp to PC will provide picture from other source (such as sky) so that I can watch TV signal whilst browsing web/doing mail/working. Also receive my CCTV feed.

3. PC already hub of my music system receiving WMA tracks from library on server and sending them through to Stereo.

Sounds like I need to purchase the Radeon card and a TV Tuner card of some sort or another.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

The dvd playback is straightforward, routing video signals from elsewhere somewhat less so. The HCPC forum is your best bet for detailed info on these issues.

Sean.

Sorry to 'butt-in'. Reading Sean's post switched on a light in my poor old head. Now I've posted today about how immpressed I am with pixel matching. I was thinking of trying the sky box mod with SDI out put-pc sdi input and then eventually dvi output to obviously a dvi capable PJ (by the way has any one tried this)
Secondly though reading Seans post made me realise that you can feed sky (yes in anologue) into a capture card and although not digital can at least get the benifits of scaling to 1.1 pixel matching. Am I right in thinking this?
Ohh it's an exciting world out there.

LTJ said:
Secondly though reading Seans post made me realise that you can feed sky (yes in anologue) into a capture card and although not digital can at least get the benifits of scaling to 1.1 pixel matching. Am I right in thinking this?
Ohh it's an exciting world out there.

Yes, do a search for dscaler on the HCPC forum
No matter what I tried with dscaler, I could not get smooth playback so I gave up. It was OK for watching movies but for sport (particularly hurling -very fast) I found it very jerky. However others have had great success, I guess I kept missing something

Conor

My best results (to date) were with a Sweetspot capture card (RGB) from Sky etc. Pretty good also with the TV100 (s-video) from PC World.

Just about to embark on SDI capture for Sky (HCPC) so this should provide the best results.

Will let you know how it goes ;)

Lovely fellah's keep the info coming.
In fact I'm possibly getting a modded SDI sky + the end off this week! Problem is I still need the sdi sweet spot capture card-god these things are daunting.

Kramer said:
My best results (to date) were with a Sweetspot capture card (RGB) from Sky etc. Pretty good also with the TV100 (s-video) from PC World.

Kramer

Did you use the sofware out of the box for the TV100 card, or someone elses version. I was looking at this last night and the software out of the box wasn't the most intuitive or most friendly to use.

Any suggestions on what software I should get hold of and from where to use with this card ?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott.

Apart from the drivers for the TV-100, I never used any included software. Dscaler all the way :smashin:

IIRC, the included drivers didn't work with XP (with updates) & it required/requires more recent drivers to be downloaded.

On a budget the TV-100 is pretty good @ £40. The Sweetspot is considerably better (RGB capture) but considerably more expensive - £150+ IIRC.

Should be SDI'ing in the next few weeks...........mega £££££s :rolleyes:

Dscaler........free :clap:

Kramer. Are you SDI ing just on the sky or any digital box side? The reason I ask is as far as I understand sdi is only a function from either
a) a skybox
b) a standalone DVD player

Surely a pc based DVD player keeps it all in digitalis if a dvi ot h something or other is an available output with an appropriate input to go into.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom