1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 owners...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by malcolm, Nov 20, 2003.

1. malcolm

malcolm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Lamp Failure solved? (doubt it)

When turning on my HT kit i usually turn on the HS10 first then any devices connected to it.

I've had 3 lamp failures when turning on, since ive had the machine, some 150 hours or so. These also coinside with people coming round to view the PJ! :suicide:

I've realised that when people come round i seem to turn on the HTPC first, why? I have no idea but usually its the PJ.

I doubt very much that it has much to do with the issue, but i thought it may be worth sharing my experience.

Oh, we do have more than 3 friends btw! :laugh:

Mal

2. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    180 in my HS10.

First false start last night!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, i just cant sleep thinking it will get worse...

Is there any chance, under warranty to try and replace the pj with a HS20, paying the some extra cash?

This if the HS20 doens't get the same problems... :suicide:

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only 180 hours :eek:

It'll probably get slightly worse but then gradually improve again untill it's back to normal at something like 300 hours.

That's what mine did anyway & never once false started since (nearly 900 hours now).

Chances of a HS20 are slim I'd say :(

4. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yep, only 180 hours in almost 6 months... finishing my graduation so until christmas i'm mostly typing on Word than sitting on my coutch...

just when i was thrilled to have completed Band of Brothers episodes and was going for the extras...