1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 owners who can explain about the cinema filter?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Adam M, May 14, 2003.

1. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have read the instruction, and although it means admitting to being stupid, I would rather find out how to fit the thing.

Have removed the lens hood, but the remaining lens seems to have no thread for receiving the cinema filter.

someone put an idiot out of his misery and possibly explain why the unit turns itself off after about 5 minutes viewing and will only restart by removing and replacing the power cord.

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Having removed the front lens cover the lens on the inside definitly does have a thread to accept the cinema filter, are you turning it the right way?

If your pj is turning off after 5 mins its probably overheating, are the vents blocked? How is it mounted?

3. Adam M

Adam M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    tried turning it both ways but the thread doesnt bite.

Does it come with one installed already and the second is perhaps a spare? unlikely but they provide a spare air filter?

it is flat in a cupboard, but if it is due to over heating would there not be a warning?

perhaps I should run it in high altitude mode to see if the increased cooling prevents it switching off.

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Def wouldn't leave it in a cupboard:eek: Without a doubt it is overheating, get it out ASAP

I dont know why yours doesn't screw in, when you turn it on and look at the outer lens cover does it have a whitish or pinkish glow, if its white it doesn't have a filter in place, if its pink then it possible has.