HS10 noise 'problem' - anyone upgraded from HS1?

gavan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
OK, people seem to be dwelling quite a bit on the noise levels of the HS10. From what I've heard they are 30db which is supposedly the level my HS1 is at, and that level doesn't really bother me. I'm really tempted to upgrade as after a year of ownership, the shortcomings of the HS1 are starting to become noticeable.

Sooooo, has anyone with a HS1 upgraded to an HS10? How is the new noise level relative to the old?

cheers,

Gav

i upgraded from a hs1 to a hs10 and the sound of the hs10 is louder but not much but you can tell the diffrence (cinama black on) is best to keep the sound down.

but the my old hs1 had bad black level the new hs10 is far far far far better at black level its still not black but with a cr40r filter its a dark deep gray and blows the hs1 away even the picture looks like a tv on this projector

hope this helps

Originally posted by Meridius
i upgraded from a hs1 to a hs10 and the sound of the hs10 is louder but not much but you can tell the diffrence (cinama black on) is best to keep the sound down.

but the my old hs1 had bad black level the new hs10 is far far far far better at black level its still not black but with a cr40r filter its a dark deep gray and blows the hs1 away even the picture looks like a tv on this projector

hope this helps

Hmmm, thanks to the size/shape of my living room I have the HS1 almost next to my head! As it happens the noise is tolerable but I'm not sure I'd want any more of it.....

Gav

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom