1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 Lamp & Air Filter Needed.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Klippie, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi all,

A mate of mine wants a new lamp and air filter for his HS10, the problem being as he's a smoker the lamp has a nice coating of nicotine on it which gives the picture a lovely yellow hue, the filters are of the same condition.

His HS10 has 2000+ hours on it so replacing the lamp would probably be cost effective considering the hours on the machine, I suggested he send the PJ off to Sony for a service i.e. lamp replacement, clean up the optics etc as their work will be guaranteed, he's not so keen....... cost issues.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy Lamps, filters etc for the HS10.

Thanks
    Klippie.

2. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I got a lamp for my HS10 for €300 from Pricejapan. I havent come across a better price.

Smoking under a projector really is a bad idea and AFAIK there is no way to clean the tar/smoke stains from the optics of a projector. I always assumed that's why pubs usually install CRTs

Conor

4. Klippie

Klippie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks for the info guys.....

Conor,

The €300 you paid was that the total price delivered including customs etc, its very good.

As for the smoking in the same room as the PJ I could not agree more what a waste of a superb piece of kit, I told him it would ruin his PJ when we first got them but as with most smokers they just will not listen to reason.

Klippie.

5. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I was not contacted to pay VAT but even if I had, it would have still been a good price.

Agree about the smoking. I quit almost nine years ago. One of the best things I ever did. I really hate when friends call to watcha movie and they smoke but at least I have the projector in the next room firing through a glass covered hole in the wall and we very seldom have have smoking friends over except my sister-in-law but she does mind the kids for us if we are going away overnight :D so I grind my teeth and bear it:blush:

Conor

6. hazard

hazard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you know anyone visiting the US, you could do what I did: order a bulb from www.projectorpeople.com and get them to bring it back...

Mine cost €240 before Christmas, bargain!