1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10, JsTech RGB to S-Vid and Sky

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by benmc, Jan 27, 2003.

1. benmc

benmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello all

As you already know I am the proud owner of a new Sony HS10 and my viewing is intending to be 75% Sky and 25% DVD. This means that Sky performance is important for me.

When I first tested the HS10 I became clear the the quality of Sky pictures was not very good, this was from a composite feed.

So I decided that I was going to get the JSTech RGB to S-Video converter.

Well I finally managed to get the screen properly placed over the weekend and I got to fit the converter and do a little test.

Basically the colour when using the box was much better and the image seemed to 'jump' out at you more and basically Sky is more watchable.

IMHO this is a worthwile £79 to spend if you watch lots of Sky

regards

Ben

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Ben,

Not dis-agreeing with you that Svideo is much better than composite or that the HS10 gives a stonking Svideo picture, but for £75 you could get a RGB to component convertor which should give a better picture still.

You can always use the svideo convertor and feed it to a HTPC for the best picture of all.:cool:

3. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    how does pq on sky compare to a crt?
    Tom Barr.