HS10 - I've done it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick1486

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well folks after much umming and aahing, I've today ordered a spanking new HS10 courtesy of nexnix. Many thanks to all of you who've provided so much useful advice to me in the past - I am positive I've made the right decision. I'm not going anywhere though as the pj is arriving Thursday (after the pixel check) and I know I'm going to be relying on all you gurus for connection advice, htpc advice etc. etc.
I have to say that nexnix were fantastically helpful - I spent a good half an hour or so on the phone with Dorian for whom there were no stupid questions and nothing was too much trouble, so for once my hat's off to a British Co. who actually know the value of a customer and don't regard us as an irritation that has to be endured!
Well done nexnix, I've got absolutely no hesitation in recommending them to anyone looking for a pj.
Cheers
Rick

Quick footnote and advice/opinions please - Dorian did say that the dvi input on the hs10 didn't seem to give that great a quality when driven by a p.c. - he didn't know why or if it is to do with drivers or perhaps wrong software. Can someone advise/help please?
Cheers
Rick

I have to disagree with Nexnix on the HS10 via DVI.

It's not the easiest, but when setup, with a Radeon card & 1:1 mapping, it's superb :eek:

Thoroughly recommend DVI.

:smashin:

Having chatted to the peeps at Nexnix yesterday about HS10 and PC in general they really haven't got much idea about it.

I took mine up to them a couple of months ago when I bought mine and they all agreed how spectacular the image was via DVI at native reolution in comparison to their demo Denon DVD player (whatever it was...I dont remeber because I thought the picture was appalling).

If you think the HS10 is good fed an interlaced picture you will think it stunning from a properly setup HTPC.:D

Thanks boys, now get specific lol - talk setups, specs, recommendations etc - I need the whole lot lol.
Look forward to your replies.
Cheers
Rick

Rick

You'll find them all (and a load more) in the thread I posted above. Tons of great info, pics, setup details, you name it the HS10 gang have given it :D

Thanks boys, now get specific lol - talk setups, specs, recommendations etc - I need the whole lot lol.

Rick,

Wrong forum for this really, start a thread in the HTPC forum and I'll post you some ideas.

Dear Mod as per Johns suggestion could you please move this thread to the htpc forum.
Thanks
Rick

I think you'd be better starting a new thread in HCPCs. A more appropriate title etc...

"HS10 & HCPC information please"

...or something similiar.

I'll close this once you've opened a new one.

:smashin:

Done it Kramer - now get cracking with that advice lol!
Cheers
Rick

If you're any where near Bicester I'll call for an hour over the weekend - how's that for assistance :clap:

Bet the AA can't match that, & only £500 per hour for my services :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom