1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 + iScan Ultra + DVI

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by loonatic, Oct 23, 2003.

1. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I got myself an iScan Ultra to go with my Sony 30" LCD TV and am very pleased with the results.

I currently run Sky+ into the iScan using s-video..I might get an RGB to component converter sometime soon...and then output from the iScan to my Denon 3803 using a VGA to component lead.

I also feed the 3803 a component feed from my Denon 2900.

The 3803 is then connected to the component input on the Sony and switched via the amp. I have kept the Sky+ SCART connection connected for quick sessions to record something etc.

Now...I thought I would try the DVI output of the iScan to my HS10 which is currently feed via my HTPC but's it's not that friendly to use for others and I like playing anyway.

So I connected the Denon 2900 to the iScan via s-video also and connected the iScan to the HS10 using the same DVI cable as used by the HTPC.

And it works great...moives from Sky+ are pretty damn good and DVD output is not that far off from my HTPC...but that might have more to do with it not being setup that good.

But, and there had to be a but...I am missing the bottom inch or so of the image from both Sky+ and DVD. This does not happen when viewing on the LCD TV via the VGA output.

This happens on both PAL and NTSC DVDs.

The HS10 detects the correct signal, either 460/60P or 575/50P.

Any ideas...has anyone else tried this combination ?

Am I doing something daft ?

Also on the iScan there is an output option labeled DVI format but it just says "NA". Is this as it should be ?

Cheers, Lee

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cant help much ,but i know the y/c delay shows up as NA on dvi.

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Trouble is I have no way of checking if the iScan is not outputing correctly via it's DVI port or if the HS10 is not processing the incomming signal correctly :mad:

Cheers, Lee

4. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I haven't got DVI on my projector, unfortunately :(, so I can't give it a go. I had a similar problem to this a while back and I found the picture wasn't centered properly. I went into the projector menu and moved the picture around. I was missing a good inch off the bottom and a bit off the right as well. Can't do anything like that on your HS10 can you?