HS10 - Improve your PQ

ozdvduser

Established Member
Reaction score
At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
For those of you with a HS10, I've just applied these pq "tweaks" that DeaconFrost (Thomas) posted recently over at AVS Forum in this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2610673#post2610673

All I can say is FANTASTIC - the pq across the board for SDTV, HDTV and DVD has improved greatly, especially the black levels and skin tones that I've noticed so far.

I'm using Dave Boswell's settings myself and the PQ is just jawdropping...!

First: Before changing you're factorysettings, remember to write down the default values!!

Dave Boswell's menusettings are identical in user1, user2 and user3 picture mode:

contrast: 85
brightness: 53
color: 55
hue: 50
sharpness: 0
blacklevel adj.: off
cinema black: on
Cinema Filter is on

The only difference between the 3 modes are the colortemp. - low, middle and high, so if you choose user 2 picturemode, you choose the setting with middle colortemp.

Now, the settings that determine the values regarding colortemp. can be altered in the factorysettings. You enter these settings by pressing "enter, enter, left arrow, enter" quickly, and then choose "yes" by pressing "up arrow".

Now press "menu" and you will notice an "F" before "Picture Setting" - that indicates that the projector is now in factory mode.

Choose "W/B Setting" with the down arrow button. You'll have access to the 3 colortemp. settings here. Change them accordingly:

Gains and Biases for LOW:
R Gain 145
G Gain 97
B Gain 25
R Bias 127
G Bias 122
B Bias 129

Gains and Biases for MIDDLE:
R Gain 145
G Gain 115
B Gain 53
R Bias 127
G Bias 120
B Bias 128

Gains and Biases for HIGH:
R Gain 145
G Gain 122
B Gain 75
R Bias 127
G Bias 123
B Bias 129

Press "Save to memory".

Now, below the "i" (Information) icon at the bottom, you'll notice "Device". This button is only available in factorymode - choose and press this button.

Choose "Panel Driver" - inside this menu choose "09 P.Drv/Signal Center" and change it from 196 to 198.

That's it!

Now, I've made some small modifications in the "Panel Driver settings myself, which are:

"01 P.Drv/Offset R: 209"
"02 P.Drv/Offset G: 213"
"03 P.Drv/Offset R: 209"

The default settings are 211, so I've increased the red and blue, and decreased the green, but that's my personal taste!

Remember to press "save to memory", otherwise the settings will be lost next time you turn the pj on.

Now press "menu" to exit

To leave the factorysettings, press "enter, enter, arrow left and enter" then "arrow up".

Good luck

- Thomas

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom