1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 gone FUBAR

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rsvrmille, Aug 20, 2003.

1. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    about 15 hours on the clock and everything has gone wrong.

first the remote stopped working yesterday for no apparent reason (tried with new batteries too)

now today the menu won't stop appearing and disappearing as if someone has got their finger held down on the buttons (removal of remote batteries doesn't stop it!)

and the buttons on the actual machine don't correspond to their function anymore, for example the input button brings up the menu, the menu button does nothing and the enter/cursor button now works as the input button!

what the fudge!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

a call to nexnix tomorrow me thinks.

any ideas gents?

2. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Sounds stupid mate, but energy saving light bulbs can interfere with remote control signals, do you have any? You could also try covering up all sensors for remotes on the HS10, just to make sure it isn't receiving signals from elsewhere.

Rob

3. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    I think the HS10 is the new Panny AE100!!

4. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just got rid of the hs10 and replaced it with the nec ht1000.

overall image seems very good, the hs10 edged it on dvd from htpc but sky etc looks better on the ht1000. and it is soooo much quieter!

anyhow, anyone got any good setup tips for the ht1000? it seems to have a very large vertical offset on the projected picture. (30'?)

I also can't seem to make the picture any smaller apart from moving it closer. poo, the cupboard recess the hs10 fitted nicely into has to come out and the ht1000 will be mounted half in the room and half out. you'll see what i mean when i put the pics up!