1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 - Bug Fix - Possitive reports

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Markatlarks, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Markatlarks

Markatlarks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have pasted below details I have found on the HS10 - Forum

http://www.stevenhightower.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=vpl-hs10;action=display;num=1056516727

This Thread discusses the much talked about Bug. I have NO personal experience of the problem but because of the numerous posts on the subject - and given I am now an HS10 owner I thought that it may help others who are/were a little worried.

Ok. Here is what Sony Support told me to do.

Ok. Here is what Sony Support told me to do.

Take this with a grain of salt.

Turn off your HS-10. They told me to leave it in "Standby mode", which I took to mean off, but with the red power light on.

Take your remote, point it at the system and hold down the following buttons.

Light, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, and Enter.

That's it.

I didn't it more than a few times, and never saw any response from the system.

Since I did it though, the amount of time it takes for the system to "power up" is back to like it was when I first purchased it.

The technician called this a "reset" of the system. I just looked and the amount of hours put on the unit hasn't reset, I'm still around 500 hours.

Give it a shot, and we'll see if this helps.

Glen

Good luck!

PS: Have alook at the link above as the overall impression is that this really does work - honest!