1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hs10 and vw12ht

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by music man, May 9, 2003.

1. music man

music man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I currently have a hs10 but it is proving too noisy. I am thinking of replacing it with a vw12ht but need a bit of info first.

Do both projectors have the same throw distance, so i dont need to change my projector mounts position.
    Also do both projector have the ceiling mounting holes in the same place.
    Finally i have the CC40R filter for the hs10, do i still need this filter for the vw12ht.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Try the proj calc at www.projectorcentral.com Not sure how accurate it is but may give you an indication as to throw.

Sorry, can't help on the other Qs.

3. Hugh

Hugh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,133
    The throw distances are different. The HS10's is longer. You'll need the projector further back than the VW10HT to get the same image size. I'll dig out the pdf's if you want. It's the reason why I might have to get the VW12HT to replace my (Not yet quite right) VW10HT, and not the HS10. With the 10, 11 & 12 I can get the desired 106' image from my current position. Last time I worked it out, I'd get something more like 85' - 90' with the HS10.

The mounting positions are the same though, although you may need a spacer on extended screws. I have a unicol mount for the VW10HT and it will screw to the HS10, but would slightly cover one of the vents. If I were to mount one I'd simply buy 2 inch long screws, leaving a 1 - 1 1/2 inch gap between the base of the projector and the mounting plate. There isn't this issue if you're using the Sony mount though.

Can't help with the filter issue though as I've never used one.

The pdf for the VW12HT can be found here. http://www.dvdstore.at/VPL-VW12HTint.pdf
    Page 6 will show you the throw table. If you compare it to that in your HS10 manual (Page12) you'll see that they are different.