HS10 and RGB

A

AngryofMayfair

I'm confused - does the supplied multi lead support RGB?
I currently have my DVD player connected to my HS10 via component out of the DVD to component in of the HS10 via the multi-input lead. I also have a Panasonic HS2 DVD recorder with RGB output via scart and I can't seem to get the HS10 to work with it so am currently connecting it via s-video...
Reading the Sony HS10 manual doesn't help much - the specs seem to indicate that the HS10 *will* accept an RGB (sync on green) input via the multi pin but I cant get it to work with the Panasonic HS2's RGB scart output.

Am I missing something obvious?

FWIW, I *hate* RGB with all it's variations and I hate scart sockets too but I am stuck with them until Panasonic bring out a dvd recorder with component outputs - like they have done in the US (I'm in Australia - where most of our equipment is PAL but with component output - not many scarts down under!)

The supplied lead doesn't support RGB, you have to buy another one (about £80?) which has a VGA 15pin socket. But that one doesn't support component (should be details on both leads in your manual).

The VGA one is intended for computers, not for SCART, so you might have to get some sort of adapter which would separate the synch so the projector could undestand it.

You might be better off using a SCART RGB to component converter. The best one is made by JS Technology and costs about £130.

the supplied PJ multi cable runs fine on RGB for me......

then again there is many variations of RGB, a common problem is there is no sync on the RGB signal, and the composite feed is used as a sync refernce, the HS10 will only accept sync on green

Thanks Marcus & Beta - so two conflicting answers which just reinforces my thoughts about bloody RGB and all it's variations....

Beta what are you using to feed RGB into your HS10? Is it a DVD player with a scart output? If that's the case then I really can't see why the Panasonic HS2 DVD recorder shouldn't also work via it's RGB scart output...

From what I see in my HS10 manual the supplied multi-input lead *should* work with RGB (sync on green) which AFAIK is the sort of RGB that most scart sockets provide...

I'm a little stuck on this subject right now.
I've been trying to feed my HS-10 from an Quadscan Elite HD and as it only outputs RGB from HD15 and I still cant get the HS30 cable from anyone, I sort of bodged it together. I come out of QS via HD15 to component (which I assume is same config as RGB) and then with adaptor connectors I have connected them to the Components on the supplied PJ Multi cable and then switched in the HS10 menu to Video GBR. BUT I do have problems, 480p seems fine but 720p is really struggling with awful distortion along the top of the screen and otehr res's just dont really seem to wanna know.
I'm at my wits end with this now and have re-instated my Iscan until I can sort this out.
What I dont understand is no one either here on avsforum or at Focus seem to be able to tell me what the issue is or whether using the proper HS30 cable will make a difference..:(

so although a little off-topic (sorry chaps) I am using the PJ Multi cable that ships with HS10 for RGB (although not 100% happy with it at the moment)

im using a RGBHV amp with multi outputs which has a switch to output RGsB and it works fine.

I have to set the HS10 to BGR or what ever it is

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom