1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs10 and hcpc problem????

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by vulkan75, Jul 25, 2005.

1. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok everything has been fine until I had to re-install windows.

Now when I start the pc everything works right up until windows acutally goes to desktop then the projector screen goes blank(not getting a signal).

I installed ati catylist drivers for my radeon card but still nothing.I have all updates installed ,and my pc monitor i brought down works fine.

The ati control panel dosn't even register that the hs10 is there when trying to enable mulitiple monitors.
    I have double checked all connections they are fine,i tried all standard resolutions and custom ones using powerstrip but still nothing happens with the dvi feed to the hs10.
    I have done a re-install hundreds of times and never had such a problem everything\was fine before...Any ideas as to anything i may have missed or not tried :confused: :confused:

thanks al

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    try pressing alt-F5.

I run a plasma on the vga and a HS20 on DVI from my HTPC ( 9800 pro) . If I reinstall the graphics drivers its nearly always has the wrong display set as primary so you end up with a black screen after the post and windows boot up.

One of those things that could drive you up the wall unless you twig.

3. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thanks for the feed back,when do i press altf5 on start up?

I tried it a few times didnt work arrrgh :mad:.
    when I unistall the catylist driver i get 800x600 displayed on the screen.however as soon as I need to use the catylist driver, so as to pixel map for the hs10 it goes blank... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this is realy doing my head in..3 nights I've spent now sqaure eyed trying to sort it out...

keep the advice coming please.. :( :( :(

4. potto

potto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you disabled your on-board graphics chipset? Ignore if you dont have one!

5. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you able to connect a VGA monitor at the same time as the pj?

Dave

6. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,firstly I dont have onboard graffics.(thanks though)

Dave I can connect my monitor via vga at the same time as my projector and usually they both display,even at 1366x768.However since the re-install of windows only the monitor works.I tried the proj on its own and it still does not display.
    when the ati drivers arnt installed I get 800x600 displayed on both.
    however I need to use powerstrip to build a custom res for the proj, so need the ati drivers installed.
    The gripe is that I've had all this working fine for the last 2 yrs now all of a sudden nothing seems to want to play ball.....I,M GOING MAD :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

7. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you can use both displays it should be quite simple to sort things out!

Go into CCC and select displays and tell me what you see. This is what I have: Displays

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours!

I'm using an ATI 9800Pro with a 17"TFT and and a Sony HS20.

Dave

8. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have you unchecked the box in display properties "hide resolutions this monitor does not support".

My hs10 always used to default to a extremly high res if you booted it with the dvi connecetd untill everything was installed properly.

As I recall, when you set the powerstrip resolution and add it to the driver, dont reboot using the new res. Reboot still in 800*600, go back into powerstrip and select the res from the slider bar there, not from the windows control panel reboot and then the setting should stick.

I have some older cat drivers available if you need them, haven't tried any of the newer ones with a HS10.

9. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave i.m not using the present ati catylist and ccc,Although I have tried it.

I,m using the drivers that came with the graffics card and the ones which I havn't previously had trouble with.

john,I've tried the way you suggested and have no trouble getting the res to stick(my lcd monitor shows that it has worked)however the hs10 remains blank.
    Intrestingly it displays when the ati drivers arnt installed so its not a prob with the connection al least.
    In ati's control panel under the monitor tab, it dosn't even show another display other than the monitor i'm using.
    The amount of times I've done this is numerous and I've had no problems....I just dont know what i'm missing.

What i've done so far:-

1. Checked all connections
    2. installed via 4in 1 drivers for motherboard
    3. installed ati drivers
    4. installed powerstrip and configured correctly
    5. tried different ati drivers older and new
    6. tried a custom built driver using powerstrip
    7. parosed bios settings tinkered and used defaults to no avail
    8. tried switching between monitor 1 and 2 in the display settings but the both seem to be the same monitor and any changes to either afect only the lcd monitor
    9. pulled my hair out
    10. shouted at the kids
    11. ignored my wife
    12. etc etc etc
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :( :( :suicide: :suicide:

10. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well we shall have to try something more basic then :lesson:

Uninstall the drivers and shut down. Connect both the pj and monitor and then swich back on. Reinstall the drivers and re-boot. You should then get the standard desktop and extended desktop.

You should then be able to get things back how you want.

I still think it would be a good idea to use the latest drivers with the Catalyst Control Centre. It now comes with a multiple monitors Wizard to get you set up how you want. You can also set up for HDTV too.

Dave

11. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi dave, I've done that about 4 times(uninstalled reboot..re-install drivers reboot).

everytime I reinstall the drivers the projector signal justs shut off and goes blank.In fact I dont even get to the point of reboot and it shuts off,if I restart in remains blank.

I just dont understand whats changed since I last had to do this,it realy is puzzling.................

I'll download the latest ati and ccc now and try the wizard.

thanks alex :)

12. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have you any way of testing the dvi cable?

Also what about testing the dvi output with a dvi ti vga convertor and connecting your vga monitor?

I'd expect you to get 1024*768 into the hs10 at least.

13. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi john,

I got around to trying a different dvi lead but the problem remains.

I've come to the conclusion that its hardware problem and made my mind up to by a new card,any recommendations?my motherboard only supports agp4x....does that pose a problem if I buy a agp 8x card..?

thanks to everyone who tried to help me out,I'll let you all know if the new card sorts it out :smashin:

14. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the majority of 8x cards will work in a 4x slot. I've had a 9600XT and a 9200SE in my old PIII 1Ghz machine and they were fine.

You may prefer to buy brand new but I'm thinking of selling the cards I've mentioned. PM me if you are interested. They are both passively cooled.

Dave

15. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I agree with Dave, I'm pretty sure that an 8x will work in a 4x slot.

I'd stick to ATI for the sony hs10/20 but other than that its more dependent on whether its for gaming or not and whether or not you play hidef?