1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS10 1:1 pixel mapping @ 60Hz

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pulsar, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Hello guys,

I am very very happy with my HS10 @ 1368*768 56Hz, but i am always looking for ways to improve.

I have been browsing another forum, and made my first post the other day, and here is what I have found.

http://www.stevenhightower.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=vpl-hs10;action=display;num=1068304301

It says that you can pass a 720p signal via DVI to the HS10 mapped 1:1 @60 Hz, and the HS10 will just not use the surrounding pixels. IMO this is quite a breakthrough, but I am yet to try it.

I wonder whether I will be happy to sacrifice that bit of image size, for a more solid picture?

Hope you find this helpful.

Rob

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HS10 accepts quite a few signal types via DVI in GBR mode. Tried loads ages ago (probably 6/7 months ago) but still preferred 1366x768 @ 56Hz.

60Hz isn't brilliant either. Obviously, 72/75Hz would be the best option but the panels probably refresh at 60Hz.

Have fun though ;)

3. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Hi Kramer,

Thanks for letting me know. My cinema is in pieces at the moment, so I shall not be trying this for a little while.

If anyone else gets a chence to try it, let me know you thoughts.

Cheers

Rob

4. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    What are the powerstrip timings for this (@60hrz) and is it possible to run at 50hrz for pal stuff

5. malcolm

malcolm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry to repeat comers request, but a PS timing setup would be great. If anybody has them!?
    I messed about a bit last night but had no luck in achieving said 60hrz. Probably because i dont know what i'm doing! :)

6. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Comer, Malcolm,

I haven't tried this yet as my cinema is in pieces. I know that www.avsforum.com have a list of powerstrip timings for HDTV resolutions including 720p in the HTPC forum. I just tried to get a link, but it looks like the forum is down.

Cheers

Rob