1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hs1 versus epson tw10 and benq 6200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Beferr, May 22, 2004.

1. Beferr

Standard Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Guys, I would appreciate some help choosing which pj to buy.

I used to work in a computer shop so I can get very good prices and I can pay over a period of six to ten months without any real effort if the projector is slightly more expensive.

The problem is that being a computer shop I can only choose business or presentation models and only a few consumer division ones. What I mean by this is that I cannot get any Panasonic (ae500), sanyo (Z2), Philips or infocus projectors.

I have to choose between Optoma, benq, Epson, HP and sony.

Sony is really ruled out because I have a damaged HS1 and at the price sony is asking to have it fixed I might as well buy a new one. The HS1 is a 4.3 lcd projector with native 800x600, 700 ansi and a cr of about 450.

I was thinking about the benq 6100 but unfortunately the throw range is very long, and I could never make it work with the screen that I have, the 6200 will do, but it´s much more expensive and 4:3.

I have been thinking about the Epson TW10H (home 10+) a revised tw10 but with 1300 lumens and 800:1 contrast ratio. It is in native 16:9 (854x480) and the throw is very good, I can even rearrange my living room.

Even the budget Epson is a definite upgrade, it doubles the contrast ratio and the brightness of the sony and has the same resolution but in native 16:9.

What do you think, the benq, the Epson or am I forgetting anything better?
    Is 854x480 good for hcpc?

Thanks for the help