HS1- air filter replacement - already !!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by museumsteve, Feb 2, 2003.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    Only 200'ish hours in and I think I've got to replace my air filter.
    Ceiling mounted in a fairly standard environment (not hot at all) and an extractor fan about 2-3 ft from PJ, yet tonight it powered off 3 times after about 10 mins of use.
    I took the air filter out and it's pretty clogged up. I know it depends on envirnment but 200 hours seems awfully low for an airfilter.
    Anyone else had to replace yet and also where can I get new ones from, I assume they are not re-usable in anyway.
    I hope that was the problem, I haven't put it back on yet..:rolleyes:

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    :(
    oh well, air filter changed, PJ back in place and then less than 10 mins in it shuts down again..
    Hopefully a trip to Krish AV tomorrow will sort it..

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh dear :(

Gutted for you Steve.

Which LEDs are lit when she shuts off? Probably something very small - maybe a thermal sensor drifted out of spec, or God forbid - one of the fans packed in.

Try this:

If you can get into the menu, switch on high altitude mode. See if the extra cooling keeps it running.

Also, remove & refit the lamp cover - mine initially shut down twice before I "reseated" this cover. Just a thought.

Hope your back up & running soon ;)

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    HI mate
    A new morning and a new lease of life it seems. I've taken the PJ down and out it on a table riunning and 3 hours in no issues at all. I;m wondering if I wasn;t allowing enough air-flow uing the home made ceiling mount.
    What length screws are you using..or should I say what sort of distance do you have between base of PJ and ceiling mount (bearing in mind the air slots on the base).
    I'm inclined to change my ceiling mount and use it more as a TV braket style and lay the PJ on it (just means lowering mount a bit) so base is totally free..
    I'm a lot happier at the mo.:) hopefully tonight it'll be business as usual>:)

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve.

My HS10 has about 40mm clearance above the intake. Never an overheat prob, but ocassionally she'll not start up with the lamp cover LED lit. Just needs a restart & all is fine.

The HS10 is ultra sensitive to airflow & temps, so make sure you give her enough breathing room.

My mount is pictured here .

Good news though :clap:

6. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    I got some 60mm screws/bolts today so I'll give it a good 40-45mm clearance and fingers crossed. Needles to say last night I was totally gutted..this afternoon I'm feeling positive.:)

7. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    done and dusted..:) all fine..
    well that was a weekend I could have done without.;)

anyway, so where can you get replacement air filters.?