Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HP1710 with TomTom problems

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by marcm, May 22, 2005.

1. marcm

marcm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: Have just got this set up and pretty pleased. However, I bought a Fujitsu 1GB SD Card to add the european maps on it. Whenever I add more than 1 map, the whole card currupts and I have to reformat it. It seems to work fine with other media, has anyone had the same issue or is their a solution. I have been adding the country maps to seperate SD cards to get around this issue, but I would like the all on one.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Well, 2 guesses.....

1. It's a faulty SD card.

2. Maybe the PDA doesn't support 1GB cards ? Have you checked with HP to see if there is a "BIOS" update for your PDA ? Beware though, because uploading a new BIOS will erase everything from the main memory of your PDA.

3. dave_h34

dave_h34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have two maps on a 256mB card without problem if that helps any. Seems to support Nick_UKs suggestions.

4. darenc1967

darenc1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    found that my av software was corupting file that were being copied on to my ipaq thrugh the MS syncsoftware, turned off ac problem dissapeared.

5. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I use TomTom 3 on an XDA IIi with a 1gb SD card, I find it's reaaaally slow looking up addresses etc.

I wondered whether 1gb cards are just inherently slower and this was causing TomTom problems?

6. marcm

marcm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All
    thanks for your advice. Just got back from a trip and great to see.
    My wifes been using the SD in a camera and we have had no problems, likewise the 1GB card is fine with 1 country on and other info, it just appears to be when multiple maps from Tom Tom are on it then**** it goes. I will check with HP when I get back again, on the bios issue. Is there anyway to backup all appointments etc or will tehse just sync back from your pc? - sorry I'm new to PDA's if this is a stupid question.