• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HP Z27q 5K Monitor with MacBook Pro (Early 2011)

S A

Hi,

My iMac sadly packed up and has gone for repair. In the meantime, I have managed to get hold of a HP Z27q 5K Monitor, and trying to use it with my old MBP (Early 2011 - i5 with IntelHD 3000 Gfx).

I am using a DisplayPort to mini DisplayPort connector - the MBP goes into dual display mode however the actual display remains black.

From what I have been told, there could be a compatibility issue at play? My MBP cant support 5K hence the issue. But, I am happy for the display to work even at 720p, if possible.

Am I just being an idiot, or is there any hope? This is the first time I am even trying an external display with my MBP, and thought it would be as simple as 'plug and play'.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
SA

(I have also posted this on MacRumors Forum, hope that is not a problem).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom