• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HP W2558HC or HP LP2475w

tamo2009

Standard Member
Hi ,I am trying to decide which of these two monitors to buy after a month of reading reviews and looking in forums ,lots of reviews and forums.

I was going to use a panasonic 32G10 but decided that this is too big as a pc minitor and too small for a TV ,so , I have narrowed my search down to two HP monitors , one is the w2558hc and the other is the LP2475w .
The 25.5 inch has a glossy screen and uses a TN panel and has a host of extras which I don't know I would need .The 2475w is uses a IPS PANEL and doesnt have the extras ,it does have HDMI like the 2558hc which I need.

My PC has a High spec witha quad core CPU and an ATI Radeon 4870 ice + turbo with 1gb ddr5 which supports 1080p all this in a coolermaster cosmos case with MSI neo 2 motherboard and a sony blu ray drive .

I will be using this for general PC work and movies .

The question is what is the best monitor for clarity and colour ?
The 24 inch is not as nice looking as the 25.5, which do I chose ,HELP im nearly burnt out trying to decide .

Anyone have a good guide or experience with any of the above monitors

Thanks alot

Tam:smashin:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The 24 inch is not as nice looking as the 25.5, which do I chose

If you've seen them both and you prefer the TN's picture then go for that. (or are you talking about just the casing?)

I had this dilemma last year, whether to spend £200 on a TN 24" or £400 on a higher quality monitor. I ended up going with the TN, and did get a great deal on it but having lived with it for a while I'm still not sure whether I feel the £200 saving was worth it as it's viewing angle faults can be annoying.

Between a TN and a non-TN at the same price there'd be no decision for me, I'd go straight for the non-TN. I know the HP and most H-IPSs are supposed to have slight white glows in the corners on a black screen but they're apparently a lot milder than the TN colour shift.

jbloggs

Established Member
The question is what is the best monitor for clarity and colour?

The HP LP2475 will be better...without any problem whatsoever!

I have had the HP LP2475w, and it is in a different class that any TN (panel) monitor, and if you are prepared to spend £400 (less if you buy direct from HP with a 10% discound code), then that is what I would go for.

If you haven't already, also have a look at the NEC Multisync 24WMGX3, reviews of both the HP LP2475w and NEC 24WMGX3 can be found Here and Here

tamo2009

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies.

The 25 inch (w2558hc) is £399 at Cdiscount.com and the cheapest I can see the LP2475w for is £418 (cant remember the site),so price wise thay are both about equal .
When I referred to the looks of the 24 inch I was talking about the casing in general but id much prefer a better image than a nice bezel .

The 2558hc has a glossy screen and the 24 inch has an anti glare coating .
I know the pitfalls of glossy screen with regard to reflection but ive seen the picture on a friends w207 HP and the image is great .Will the non glossy screen with anti glare coating be as crisp and clear . Sorry for sounding so dumb here !!!!

I do lots of digital photos (not professional) so I want as crips an image as possible . Both monitors are 1920 x 1200 .

Thanks

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
When I referred to the looks of the 24 inch I was talking about the casing in general but id much prefer a better image than a nice bezel .

That is the other thing that bothers me about my monitor, it's got a thin and sloped top so the space it takes up is virtually unusable. The LP2475w looks like it's got a nice, thick flat area on top that would be ideal to place documents temporarily on while I'm working.

tamo2009

Standard Member
HP LP 2475 w is currently on HP direct for £388 using the 10% voucher code save10.

I think its going to be the IPS monitor LP2475w .It looks more professional and gets fantastic reviews .

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom