HP W2558HC or HP LP2475w

tamo2009

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi ,I am trying to decide which of these two monitors to buy after a month of reading reviews and looking in forums ,lots of reviews and forums.

I was going to use a panasonic 32G10 but decided that this is too big as a pc minitor and too small for a TV ,so , I have narrowed my search down to two HP monitors , one is the w2558hc and the other is the LP2475w .
The 25.5 inch has a glossy screen and uses a TN panel and has a host of extras which I don't know I would need .The 2475w is uses a IPS PANEL and doesnt have the extras ,it does have HDMI like the 2558hc which I need.

My PC has a High spec witha quad core CPU and an ATI Radeon 4870 ice + turbo with 1gb ddr5 which supports 1080p all this in a coolermaster cosmos case with MSI neo 2 motherboard and a sony blu ray drive .

I will be using this for general PC work and movies .

The question is what is the best monitor for clarity and colour ?
The 24 inch is not as nice looking as the 25.5, which do I chose ,HELP im nearly burnt out trying to decide .

Anyone have a good guide or experience with any of the above monitors

Thanks alot

Tam:smashin:

The 24 inch is not as nice looking as the 25.5, which do I chose

If you've seen them both and you prefer the TN's picture then go for that. (or are you talking about just the casing?)

I had this dilemma last year, whether to spend £200 on a TN 24" or £400 on a higher quality monitor. I ended up going with the TN, and did get a great deal on it but having lived with it for a while I'm still not sure whether I feel the £200 saving was worth it as it's viewing angle faults can be annoying.

Between a TN and a non-TN at the same price there'd be no decision for me, I'd go straight for the non-TN. I know the HP and most H-IPSs are supposed to have slight white glows in the corners on a black screen but they're apparently a lot milder than the TN colour shift.

The question is what is the best monitor for clarity and colour?

The HP LP2475 will be better...without any problem whatsoever!

I have had the HP LP2475w, and it is in a different class that any TN (panel) monitor, and if you are prepared to spend £400 (less if you buy direct from HP with a 10% discound code), then that is what I would go for.

If you haven't already, also have a look at the NEC Multisync 24WMGX3, reviews of both the HP LP2475w and NEC 24WMGX3 can be found Here and Here

Thanks for the replies.

The 25 inch (w2558hc) is £399 at Cdiscount.com and the cheapest I can see the LP2475w for is £418 (cant remember the site),so price wise thay are both about equal .
When I referred to the looks of the 24 inch I was talking about the casing in general but id much prefer a better image than a nice bezel .

The 2558hc has a glossy screen and the 24 inch has an anti glare coating .
I know the pitfalls of glossy screen with regard to reflection but ive seen the picture on a friends w207 HP and the image is great .Will the non glossy screen with anti glare coating be as crisp and clear . Sorry for sounding so dumb here !!!!

I do lots of digital photos (not professional) so I want as crips an image as possible . Both monitors are 1920 x 1200 .

Thanks

When I referred to the looks of the 24 inch I was talking about the casing in general but id much prefer a better image than a nice bezel .

That is the other thing that bothers me about my monitor, it's got a thin and sloped top so the space it takes up is virtually unusable. The LP2475w looks like it's got a nice, thick flat area on top that would be ideal to place documents temporarily on while I'm working.

HP LP 2475 w is currently on HP direct for £388 using the 10% voucher code save10.

I think its going to be the IPS monitor LP2475w .It looks more professional and gets fantastic reviews .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom