1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp Vp6110

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Reflex, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Reflex

Reflex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Misco have the HP VP6110 for £470. This seems to be a bargain, Amazon price £850.

I'm looking for a projector, and this looks like a good deal. Any comments and advice apprecaited.

Regards

Reflex :)

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The problem with this sort of projector is that they're designed for presentation use, ie. seminars, classrooms etc. As such they're very bright which is not really a good thing for home cinema use.

For a DLP the quoted contrast of 1000 isn't very good, also are you aware of the 'rainbow' effect DLP projectors can cause? The standard recommendation is to try to demo this sort of device, particularly if you haven't tried watching a DLP before.

Whether this projector is useful to you depends on your needs really, it'd make a reasonable stab at watching TV sports etc. but for playing back DVDs in a 'home cinema' type environment on paper it isn't really suitable IMHO. It's also a 4:3 aspect ratio which although it's perfectly possible to view wide-screen material on such a display, with its' relatively poor contrast ratio it'll also not be ideal.

Sorry to be negative but I think you'd be disappointed after any initial 'wow' wears off. Your better bet IMHO is to decide on a budget and then look around to see what's available for that price. For round about £600 you can get an Epson EMP-TW10H whivh I would suggest is a minimum sort of entry level machine based on comments round here.

3. Reflex

Reflex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mnay thanks KraGorn. Much apprecaite your help. I'll do some more research, the price did look great but I'd rather spend a bit more and get something better. Is there any consensus as to the Epson you mentioned being the best £600 machine or are other models I should consider?

Thanks again

Regards

Reflex