HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the reply @rossi88
I just hope my refund comes through quickly from my German preorder.

Edit ninja'd by @huxley due to being too verbose

Last edited by a moderator:
MRTV review is coming out at 8pm with a live stream AMA at 9pm

I won't over egg and say I am as interested in this as I was rift DK1, DK2 or CV1 reviews.... But it isn't a million miles off.

The flip side is if it dissappoints in some area I know will be a killer and I have to cancel I will be v dissapointed.

(Biggest concern is controller tracking)

oops

I can't watch as busy. Don't just say oops you are killing me atmos. What is wrong with it?

Well that was well presented and informative. He answered all the key points and was pretty positive about it. I feel happy with my preorder.
This could well gobble up Index customers waiting to get a unit. I dont see it being much competition for entry VR users looking at RiftS purely based on the 1080 requirement.

I can't watch as busy. Don't just say oops you are killing me atmos. What is wrong with it?

Nothing I just posted the MRTV link not realising it had already been posted.

The G2 sounds like a winner for £525. He says tracking not as good as the Quest or RiftS is certain places like above your head or down below. But not a big put off.

As an Index owner with BS and Knuckles I'll wait for the Index 1.5/Pro/+/Super or 2. :smashin:

Last edited:
Reassured when he confirmed that the hardware requirements are modest. GTX 1080 upwards. I’m pushing a 1080ti, so should be okay for basic gaming. The blacks looked fantastic too.

i wonder why they didnt just ape the camera placement of the rift s - or if limited to 4 cameras the quest even?

It's actually starting to sound good. I'd be VERY tempted if I wasn't getting a Yaw VR Motion Simulator.

Shame they didn't add cap sensors though.

This email i have just received has just answered my question...

We have received a pre-order from you for the HP Reverb G2 and it is on our system as paying by bank transfer. I apologise but we were unaware this was an option on the store for this item. We are unable to take bank transfers. Just debit or credit cards.

If you would like to continue with your pre-order please go back to our site and order again using credit or debit card.

Link to webpage: HP Reverb G2 | SystemActive

If you would prefer to cancel the order please reply and let me know and I will cancel the order on the system for you.

Once again I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kind Regards

Tony Aubin

SystemActive

There seems to be an unwritten law that decent vr headsets have an awful launch. Index are still like hens teeth and rift DK2 and CV1 both got delayed (I am being a little harsh on DK2 to be fair). Unless oculus pull something out of the bag I can see this device being the final nail in the rift s coffin and it selling like hot cakes. It looks to me to have way more than a £125 extra value over the rifts

Do you happen to know if any games come with it (such as half life alyx ? ;) )

Aaaaanndd ordered.

I just hope they honour my original order date if there are any issues.

Thanks mate. There seems to be an unwritten law that decent vr headsets have an awful launch. Index are still like hens teeth and rift DK2 and CV1 both got delayed (I am being a little harsh on DK2 to be fair). Unless oculus pull something out of the bag I can see this device being the final nail in the rift s coffin and it selling like hot cakes. It looks to me to have way more than a £125 extra value over the rifts

Do you happen to know if any games come with it (such as half life alyx ? ;) )
No im afraid no games come with it. If only!

I have to say this is great customer feedback @rossi88.

Do you need to add a bluetooth dongle to your PC to be able to use the controllers or do they communicate directly with the headset?
I'm sure they will communicate with the headset like every other HMD.

I`ve unfortunately had to cancel my order for the time being. Things are looking a little to uncertain at the moment. Besides I only got my index a few months ago.
Looking forward to views and opinions here all the same.

That’s a shame. Although you aren’t exactly slumming it with your Index ;) Hope life gets back on track sharpish.

I`ve unfortunately had to cancel my order for the time being. Things are looking a little to uncertain at the moment. Besides I only got my index a few months ago.
Looking forward to views and opinions here all the same.
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like
Hope it all pans out mate. Touch wood my job is secure till Feb 2022 but have been in the at risk and at notice of redundancy a few times. It's not nice.

Finally chewed my way through all of Sebastian's preview.

This has got Valve all over it! The audio obviously, Sebastian claimed Valve designed the lens, the cushions look very Index and the pop out face plate looks like it could be swapped with the Index.

Such a shame they ditched the rear adjustment knob of the Index, the side velcros look naff. Also didn't look like there was an adjustment to bring the lens forwards / backwards which may explain why the FOV doesn't quite match the Index.

The controllers looked very large... which is in no way a complaint. Does Sebastian have baby hands?

This appears to be an absolute winner though and the price is pitched perfectly for PC VR newcomers. Hope it does really well and is great to see another winning Steam headset!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom