HP Reverb (Copper) VR Headset

Does look good. Not huge leaps from the O+ but its does look really sweet in the sweetspot..

D6D_dwiXsAE77iA.jpg:large

D6Fed-FWkAIPykS.jpg:large

D6Ec_mxW0AApCCF.jpg:large

D6EDsp3WAAECJb8.jpg:large

D6EF9O1XoAAjSRe.jpg:large

wow that looks amazing. i so wish oculus had used that panel in riftS... personally i would happily throw an extra £100 into the ring to have that in my headset. Like @thesnowdog i could not get on with the tracking or controllers however.

Those pics are stunning!

The short cord puts me off.

If I was only a simmer I think I'd be all over this.

Would also like to see how this display looks during movement. Ben of Road to VR had complained about what he calls 'Mura' causing the display to look 'muddy' under motion.

Would also like to see how this display looks during movement. Ben of Road to VR had complained about what he calls 'Mura' causing the display to look 'muddy' under motion.

Yes - it looks like the release is delayed while they look into some issues. You cant buy one anywhere

Looks good.

that does look a proper step up. if i was only a simmer/cockpit player i would be on it (truth is i am 75% of the time) but i would not want to give up my touch controllers and 360 degree gaming for the odd times i want to.

With a bit of luck I'm going to be getting some money that's owed to me in a few months, am tempted to get one of these and use it in tandem with my soon to be bought Rift S...but as a frequent sim player, particularly Elite Dangerous, I might be tempted to think about getting a Yaw VR Motion Simulator again around this sort of time next year.

The reviews are starting to trickle out for the Reverb. I must say that I am extremely tempted to cancel the Index for one. I’m not bothered about the sh!tty controllers, as it would be primarily for simming. My only concerns are that there appears to be no UK release date as yet, and not sure how good HP will be if things go wrong. Also, I’d need a hefty gpu upgrade. But it sure does sound the perfect simmers HMD.

Watching MRTV is like being in an echo chamber.

It’s disappointing you can’t get the Reverb in the UK and there’s no release date.

I’d love to have a go of the Reverb though you can’t complain when you’re looking at 2160x2160 per eye - apart from the Mura.

It’s disappointing you can’t get the Reverb in the UK and there’s no release date.

I’d love to have a go of the Reverb though you can’t complain when you’re looking at 2160x2160 per eye - apart from the Mura.

but HP Reverb is part of the windows MR family..... surely you cant condone such a locked down headset? ;)

but HP Reverb is part of the windows MR family..... surely you cant condone such a locked down headset? ;)

WMR has an official SteamVR/Microsoft App. It’s not Valve saying ‘we don’t care if you’re with us we’re wrapping you’re SDK and getting all your customers on our store regardless’

Microsoft partnership FTW

I wonder if Microsoft will support Knuckles natively in the future. Those WMR controllers are horrible.

WMR has an official SteamVR/Microsoft App. It’s not Valve saying ‘we don’t care if you’re with us we’re wrapping you’re SDK and getting all your customers on our store regardless’

Microsoft partnership FTW

so you can oficially play with windows MR apps on your vive such as the Halo VR app? if so that is a new change.. if not then MS are doing exactly what you have complained loudly about for years

(i wonder if this will change now UWP is being pulled? but either way, windows store is as locked down as it gets for VR stuff, or was untill a few days ago anyway)

BTW MS seem to be happy to be plugging the riftS so i am actually wondering if an official partnership is brewing there as well.

IF MS chose to support a controller of another manufacturer the way they are designed and how they work, surely the new Touch controller would be a better fit?

You can’t even buy Halo for WMR.

What plugging is Microsoft doing for RiftS?

You can’t even buy Halo for WMR.

What plugging is Microsoft doing for RiftS?

Oculus Rift S demos at Microsoft Store

MS actually started taking RiftS pre-orders BEFORE Oculus had opened their own pre-order page!.
in some places they are even doing RiftS demo units.

As for Halo... you are mistaken. (but this was just 1 example i could have chosen many)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/halo-recruit/9p1vd7tn2frg?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

So I ask again (I genuinely do not know the answer) if Windows MR store is not locked down like the rift one is, can you officially play such titles on your vive without hacks?
if so great - i wonder if i can now as well? if not then they are just as guilty - or should be in your eyes anyway - as oculus, ? what am i missing?

I’m not too alarmed by the Mura problem. It exists already in the rift. But, once things are moving, it is a non-issue.

Oculus Rift S demos at Microsoft Store

MS actually started taking RiftS pre-orders BEFORE Oculus had opened their own pre-order page!.
in some places they are even doing RiftS demo units.

As for Halo... you are mistaken. (but this was just 1 example i could have chosen many)

Get Halo Recruit - Microsoft Store en-GB

So I ask again (I genuinely do not know the answer) if Windows MR store is not locked down like the rift one is, can you officially play such titles on your vive without hacks?
if so great - i wonder if i can now as well? if not then they are just as guilty - or should be in your eyes anyway - as oculus, ? what am i missing?

But that’s not a Halo game is it? It’s just a Halo demo trainer thing.

As for RiftS on the Oculus Store I think you’d see Index there too if Valve wasn’t keeping sales to the Steam Store.

Let’s face it we all know RiftS is a WMR knock off.

Lenovo have a gateway to Microsoft.

I think Microsoft are pretty neutral and might benefit most from supporting OpenXR when it’s released. Good for everyone. But one thing to note will Microsoft or Oculus restrict exclusives to their own native headset?

What’s also going to be interesting to see is if the next Microsoft console supports OpenXR Headsets - WMR or a whole new category of headset like PSVR.

Think Microsoft were also selling the Vive in their stores though you cannot access WMR content using the Vive (I think).

I know Microsoft are selling the ROFL-S in their stores but not the Quest as the Quest does not run on Windows.

though you cannot access WMR content using the Vive (I think).
I would not mind checking this out, i thought that too but Atmos seems to say otherwise.

there are a few freebies i would check out on windows store if i can.

I think I’d like to see it in the hands of the sim community before I leap, and gauge some real-life performance demands. I can’t afford God’s own pc for a while, and this is gonna be needy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom