1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP R607 & HP Image Zone software Issue

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by dave_myth_magic, Mar 12, 2005.

1. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I hope you can help me out there....a friend of mine has a fairly good basic PC set up with a P4 2.3 Ghz, 512 DDR RAM, 120 Gb HD, DVD player, RW etc etc etc...The problem is they invested recently in buying a new HP R607 camera...now the camera and pics they are happy with, the problem lies in the HP software that came with the camera!!

What happens is all the camera's function work fine and when connected to the pc via a USB lead, all picture downloads through the associated / provided HP “Image Zone” software work fine. Once the camera is disconnected and put away then the problems with the software start!!

What actually occurs is that you can go into albums or single photo’s and view / play with the pictures etc, however, if you try and PRINT in any area, whether it be one, two or several pictures, then the software crashes, won’t print and comes up with messages like “ Hpqqpa – An error has occurred in your Program. To keep working anyway, click ignore and save your work into a new file. To quit this program, click close. You will lose information you entered since your last save.” :oops:
    You click on ignore and it does nothing!! So you then click on close and it closes down the box containing the message above and up comes instead the “Hpqqpa Program has performed an illegal operation box etc etc” so you close that down and you are back to where you started, within whatever area of Image Zone you were in.

I have tried to help by suggesting that they need to uninstall and then do a reinstall and see if that solves the problem…. Unfortunately, despite several attempts, it has not…. the printer that they are trying to print too, is an old but reasonable one (HP Deskjet 710C). So that brings me back to writing to this forum for help

Can anyone out there help / advise? :lease:

Thanks

Dave

2. T0MAT01

T0MAT01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +552
    Check out the HP website - there may be a Patch for the software for whatever version of Windows they are running.

Do you mean that the pictures print OK when the camera is still connected? If so are they 'stopping' the USB device correctly? - This depends on which version of Windows they have I think.

3. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tomato1

Sorry for the delay in reading your reply and responding, but thankyou very much for your suggestion. I have tried HP, but it seems that there is no patch for this on the website and the support service has also been written to and still no reply back!!

Sorry to confuse you re the camera "Do you mean that the pictures print OK when the camera is still connected?" - what I meant by this is that the problem is in the imaging software when you want to print. (It will not allow printing whether or not the camera is still attached.)

Thank you for trying to assist me with this....hopeefully someone else out there may like to try?? :confused: If you do please drop me a reply.

Thanks again for you assistance Tomato1. :)

Cheers

Dave

4. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump - can anyone else help me??

5. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump- advice please??

6. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,335
    If they use other software to print, does it work OK ?

9. dave_myth_magic

dave_myth_magic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John,

Sorry for not replying before now, but had almost given up hope of another reply to this query!!...so thank you :thumbsup: and yes we have successfully printed a picture using Microsoft Photo editor. (NB this software was already on the PC and was not an add on program).

As these print out fine, it does seem to lead us back to the HP imagezone software having a problem......Can you advise further please?? :lease:

Cheers

Dave