1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Photosmart M517

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by ad47uk, Jul 20, 2005.

1. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am not a Photographer, I just like mucking around taking pictures, which is why I did not want to spend loads of money on a Camera and did not something that was bulky.

I got hold of the HP Photosmart M517 today and been walking around taking pictures, and was surprised at the quality of this thing.
    It got 5.2mp, I know that there are other things that matter, like the lens and also the internal electronics.

What is nice about this camera is that it is so quick for a digital, a few seconds to switch and very quick to take phots, with very little delay.

The only problem is that when you have taken about 6 one after the other quickly, it have to think to process the data for a while.

My first digital was a HP, a 1MP PhotoSmart c30 brick, which I must admit, for what it was gave me some good pictures.

This HP I have now got was a replacement for a Concord which went wrong on me twice during the last 12 months.
    It is amazing how things change in 12 months, the spec of this HP is a lot better than the concord was and it is cheaper.

I too a picture of my cat today and used the picbridge system to print an A4 print from the camera directly to my Cannon IP3000 printer. I was amazed at the quality.
    I am going to town tomorrow As I am off work for the week and going to take the camera with me and take lots of pictures.

I do not know why I started this post, but I think it was just to tell everyone how good this camera is.

Now I board you all, I am going to bed, ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A high speed memory card might cut down the waiting time you mentioned.

Nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm for taking pictures - you are photographer if you take pictures :)

3. ASH1

ASH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Be warned the photography bug is starting to eat away at you, you'll soon be like the rest of us spending lots of money and well and truly addicted. :D

4. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I did not think there was any difference? It have a 128Mb SD Kingston in at the moment, I took it out of the video camera as the Fuji card I used on the Concrord camera went in the washing machine with my trousers. It worked for a while after, but now it will not.

I have ordered a 512Mb Viking SD, which should be here Tuesday. I know multi media chips are almost the same but slower, which is why I went for a SD chip.

5. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am not sure if I will spend lots of money, I have just got myself a tripod, that that is more for video than stills.
    The next thing is to get the docking stand, that will allow me to connect the camera up to the computer easier and also charge the batteries. I do not think I will go for a nother camera for a while. :)

but I can see with digital it is so easy to photograth everything, because you do not waste any film.