1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP photo printer 130 problem with memory card

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by millymol, Sep 27, 2004.

1. millymol

millymol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi - i posted something recently and got some great advice, so i thought i'd try again. my dad bought a sony DSC W1. i got him a 256mb san disk magic gate memory stick (the magic gate doesn't work on his camera, but thats fine as we didn't need it to) prob is - he was given a photo printer (a HP photo printer 130) and the printer says the stick is damaged or not formatted. 1. i am sure stick was formatted in the camera and if he formats again it will get rid of all pics on the stick - surely the stick wouldn't work if it hadn't been formatted , but there are pics on there . 2. could there be another explanation ? ie the magic gate technology messing things up (i'm sure this is not it but thought i would check if anyone knew enough to tell me) i've advised him to download the pics and then format the stick in the camera (HP advised trying to format from the printer ...) and try again . A 32mb stick provided with the camera works fine.

any advise /comments gratefully recieved :smashin:

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,111
    Are you saying the magic gate on the 256mb card doesn't work in the DSCW1?

It should do. I have at work the DSC-W12, which is basically exactly the same camera but just with different case. That works fine on that. Perhaps the stick is dodgy?

3. millymol

millymol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no - sorry , i'm saying it doesn't work in the printer - it works fne in the camera which is the confusing bit - surely it shouldn't work anywhere if its not formatted?

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,111

5. millymol

millymol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    magic gate technology is not compatible with the dsc W1 (see a previous post of mine asking about magic gate and memory sticks - i had a lot of replies saying that the stick could be used as purely a memory stick, so, as there was an abundance of magic gate sticks and less without magic gate on the market i decided to buy that one. - however as you have pointed out , this may have caused problems with the printing etc.) i was hoping someone might have another idea, otherwise it would mean that any thing we saved on the stick would never be able to be printed out on the HP printer ...