HP Pavilion DV6330ea will not Boot. HELP!

Xeeshan

My 4year old HP Pavilion DV6330ea just crashed, got a blue screen then it just restarted BUT it doesnt load up anything. I get the blue lights, the screen lights up but it stops there i do not get any messeges or and writing (to get into BIOS) it juts hangs at the black screen. My DVD drive spins, can hear the fan going but nothing happens.
I've tried hard reset, have taken the battery out, taken the RAM out and put back in, taken out the HDD and restarted to get into BIOS but no luck. Have reset the CMOS thing but nothing.
Is my laptop DEAD?

Any Suggestions.

brookheather

Distinguished Member
Sounds like the motherboard has failed unfortunately. Probably best to remove the hard drive to recover contents and sell the laptop for spares.

- Simon.

Xeeshan

Sounds like the motherboard has failed unfortunately. Probably best to remove the hard drive to recover contents and sell the laptop for spares.

- Simon.

do i need a special case for the hdd, i tried using my external 2.5 hdd case but the laptop hdd would not fit? OR if i just install the hdd in another laptop will i be able to access my data, and will be able to just reinstall the other laptops hdd back into it without affecting anything?

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Fit, as in a different connection?

Could be one is IDE and the other SATA. £3 at eBay will get you another external enclosure to match the details on the HD label.

r.vernon1

Yours has the nvidia chipset right? They fail a lot and it's likely what's gone on yours. This could be confirmed by attaching a monitor, but it doesn't sound like there is much activity hence it's not posting.

Be interesting to know how much these new boards would cost?

Xeeshan

Have you tried plugging an external monitor in?

Sorry for the late response. i've connected the laptop to my TV and it does come on (sort of). first time i got a Startup Repair thing which tried to fix the problem but could not. Then i tried it with the windows 7 repair disc i have for my laptop but same thing happend again, instead of getting the windows 7 repair i got the in built Startup Repair option again which meant it couldnt repair anything. Oh and i got a lot of vertical lines on the tv svreen...!

I've managed to get into the BIOS.

What can i do next. Is this repairable?

Alphecca

Standard Member
All DV6s and DV9s are inherently flawed, their chipsets fry themselves, brookheather I’m afraid is very right. There was a recall on these models that ended September last year. It’s had a good run 4 years though! Very impressive.

All of the DV series have a terrible cooling system but HP will never admit it.

I can only tell you what i know because one of mine had a similar problem. Best of luck on trying to revive it though.

Alan_W

Some details here. Class action agreed by nvidia in states.

Index page • The Nvidia Defect Forum

I have a HP laptop that broke after 13months and nobody would accept liability for it. I am now going to persue the matter using the advice on this site.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Thanks for this Alan. Great link. :smashin:

Perhaps you should start a new thread with this.

I have a HP with Nvidia that failed with this issue. Mobo changed at my cost and still working after a year.

I will read up on the site to see if I can claim.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom