For Sale HP ML115G5 Server £60

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by picbits, Mar 11, 2013.

1. picbits

picbits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Firstly - this server may or may not have a fault.

It's lived in the airing cupboard for the past 2 years without any problems acting as a file / web / email / mythtv server. Around 2 weeks ago we lost DHCP from it and on further investigation the network card appeared to have an error. I did a restart of the network service and the machine slowly ground to a halt.

On a reboot, the network card was not recognised and the link lights at the back did not come on when plugged into the router. Ubuntu server (with Gnome) also started misbehaving with random lines / pixels appearing then Gnome crashed after 10-15 minutes.

I pulled the hard drives and put them in a new server - errors were detected in the filesystem and fixed - these drives are happy in the new server and will be staying in there. There were no errors stored in the bios / logs.

I thought I'd have a quick look at the ML115 today - found the CPU heatsink to be blocked with dust which I gave a quick blow off. More importantly I noticed one of the memory modules wasn't clipped down and seated correctly. I clipped it back in and plugged it all in.

Everything appears to work - no errors. I ran a stress test off the Hirens USB boot disk for a couple of hours without an issue, the network appeared fine and memtest 86+ completed one full test (before I ran out of time) with no errors.

I already own two brand new ML110G7 machines and N40L so this being the oldest machine is now up for sale. I am selling it strictly for spares or repair - if anyone is interested then I am happy to spend an hour carring out any tests they want on it and the purchaser is more than welcome to test it themselves before handing over any cash.

It has the quad core 1352 Operton processor which will still just about hold it's own today. 4Gb ECC Ram using two slots and a DVD reader. Cosmetically has a few scratches but in pretty good condition. Lots of dust unless I get some time to give it a clean out. Also comes with the original keyboard and mouse (PS2). It does not come with the hard drives or any other cables or accessories (unless I come across the original packaging on my travels).

I've been as honest as I can with this - feel free to ask any questions. As stated above - sold as seen - it may go on for years or it may actually have a fault.

£60 cash on collection only from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. I've seen dead units being sold for around this so no offers thanks.

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

2. picbits

picbits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Server has been running Ubuntu 12.04 off a USB memory stick all day with various 400% CPU tests - it hasn't flinched. No problems with the network card today or any screen corruption.

Back to the top for today.

3. picbits

picbits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Weekend bump.

4. brixron

brixron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  5. picbits

picbits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Cheers bud - it's been a great little server. So much so that I bought a couple of ML110G7's for when I needed to retire it (which are now up and running).

6. picbits

picbits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Archiving this but if anyone is interested I'm happy to post a new ad up.