HP Laptop

rob_leics

Novice Member
Can't comment on the HDD, but buying direct from the HP store looks expensive, but using the code HPSPLDIS should hopefully sweeten the deal a bit (assuming the code is still active!).

Solero

Novice Member
I am also interested in this very same laptop, I had previously ordered a £1300 Dell 1710 with a much lesser spec so this seems to be a decent price in comparison.
(Not sure whats going on at Dell but I have waited 4 weeks for it to arrive and they are now saying it will be at least another 3 weeks so I cancelled the order)

I haven't had much time to shop around so if anyone knows a better deal out there let me know soon thanks!

stu.artd

There is a definite difference in speed between a 7200RPM HD and slower ones at 5400 or 4200. I'd recommend trying to swap the HD for a faster model.

This is what Dell said recentlyregarding delayed orders

From my own experiece I believe that it's unfortunate for home users as most stock seems to be being diverted to business orders. We have ordered a number of Dell laptops at work recently and all were delivered within 2 weeks. Probably related to account managers and people higher up the chain being able to prioritise product to those that are spending tens of thousands of £'s / $'s through Premier Pages / Corp. agreements. If your workplace buys Dell then speak to IT and see if they'll allow you to order through the account manager, but pay yourself by credit/debit card directly. I ordered my XPS 1710 in that manner (and got my own personal account created, the same as I would if I'd ordered by phone) and the lead time dropped from several weeks to being delivered with 2 weeks. It had been at the "pre-build" stage for over a week stating "awaiting parts" or similar with no progress until I contacted our account manager and by the next day the system was built and shipped. I even had someone from Dell contact me to check it had been delivered and was OK. :smashin:

Solero

Novice Member
Thanks for the info

Yes was ordered through my work, is for personal use but Dell didn't know that, we have spent a small fortune at Dell over the last year but this didnt seem to give us any clout when it came to ordering this laptop... Our Dell account manager has not explained any of the reasons for the delay so thanks to yourself!

Solero

Novice Member
Can't comment on the HDD, but buying direct from the HP store looks expensive, but using the code HPSPLDIS should hopefully sweeten the deal a bit (assuming the code is still active!).
Just went ahead and bought this

Thought I would try your code and is still active!

Took £100 off the total!

Thanks!

Hopefully the delivery on this is a bit quicker than Dell

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom