HP instant ink

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a new HP printer coming tomorrow with 5 month free instant ink.
I have read how the instant ink sub works but I have a question.
The printer comes with a starter pack of ink (I hope). Will I need to get some spares to start me off or will the subscription start and I will get some cartridges sent almost straight away? I have quite a bit of printing to do and didn’t want to run out.

Hi. You get starter cartridges in box. You follow the setup and after you have finished you will be sent the bigger instant inks direct from HP. They just fit in as normal.

HP then keep a record of the ink you use and send new cartridge's when needed. We have been using this system for 2 years.. No problems.

Simples.

Ice

Hi. You get starter cartridges in box. You follow the setup and after you have finished you will be sent the bigger instant inks direct from HP. They just fit in as normal.

HP then keep a record of the ink you use and send new cartridge's when needed. We have been using this system for 2 years.. No problems.

Simples.

Ice
Thanks. Will hope there is enough ink in the starter ones for around 10 pages I need to print for a meeting Thursday.

Yes it would be a rubbish experience if it couldn't print 10 pages.

Also remember that if you sign up following a link from one of us you get an extra month free as do we. Since @icemanonline helped you first he should send you the link.

Also don't forget to choose the right level as normally it's some much credit at a given print account. If you don't need as much opt for the lower volume and it will last longer. (Or that used to be the case)

been using this for a while now , its a no brainer imo , I'm only on 50 pages a month as we are not heavy users but I have managed to build up 100 rollover pages so that's great , I like the way you get genuine ink and brand new print heads every time !!!!

Thanks. Will hope there is enough ink in the starter ones for around 10 pages I need to print for a meeting Thursday.

Most starter catridges are around 20-30% full.

If you're printing 10 A4 photos and have a printer with some of the smallest catridges you may run into an issue but otherwise it should be fine.

Thanks all. Printer arrived and now got 7 free months. Have chosen the 7.99 option just for the trial but will downgrade to 1.99 when the trial ends.

Do they no longer give you a credit?

For mine, it was the equivalent of around £74 of credit that was added to my account. As I went with a lower monthly print it meant that I basically got double the amount of months.

Can you not do the same if you only need 1.99 a month?

For mine, it was the equivalent of around £74 of credit that was added to my account. As I went with a lower monthly print it meant that I basically got double the amount of months.

Hi no credit.

They sadly do it in free months now (or at least every recent offer I've seen).

On top of the free month and referral code, I got a £72 credit with mine which on the £2pm plan has been good for 3 years (think it finally runs out in a month or two!).

What’s going on here? I thought the instant ink cartridges are bigger than the XL ones. This is what I received today in the post in the welcome pack. Just normal ones.
98D2AB9A-8336-4D24-ACB0-4327586A0FEF.jpeg

Don't be deceived, they are usually just regular-sized actual cartridges but with substantially more ink in them. Inkjet ink goes a long way You may hear the ink sloshing inside them and they will (usually) last significantly longer than even XL so that HP don't need to send them out very often.

Out of interest do you have accurate weighing scales? There is 18g of ink in the XL one so approx 18g not much at all, wonder how much is in there :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom