• You may not reply to archived adverts. Once they have been archived, they are no longer active and are here for reference only.

For Sale HP Gen 7 Microserver N54L - 8GB Ram - Server 2016 - 256GB SSD - 4 x Hard Drives 14TB - Blu-ray Drive

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Pontefract
I have my Gen 7 N54L microserver for sale, I am really just putting the feelers out, it will be ready for either posting or collection by the end of the week.

Now priced everything separately, I would still rather sell as a whole system if possible.

Its in great condition, the case does have a couple of marks but no damage.

In full working order, I have been using it as a NFS server for all my media content, I have upgraded and purchased larger capacity drives so this is now not needed.

Comes installed with windows server 2016, this has been officially activated with a bought key.

It comes with the key for the front and the allen key for the hard drive screws.

AMD Turion ll Neo Dual Core 2.2GHz CPU
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
256GB Micron SSD Boot Drive
LG Blu-ray disc drive

Looking for £135 excluding delivery, collection would be preferred but will post.

4TB WD RED - £80

4TB Seagate Ironwolf - £85

3TB Toshiba - £45

3TB Hitachi Ultrastar - £45

Would ideally be for collection due to weight and I wouldn't want it to get damaged in the post, if you want to take the risk and are willing to pay for postage then I will package it well and will post.

The whole system is priced at £300 for collection or £330 posted.

All prices are excluding postage.

Price and currency: Various
Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
Payment method: paypal or bt
Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attachments

Last edited:

Badar

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Reaction score
Are you willing to sell the drives separately? I'd be interested in the ironwolf or red and the deskstar

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
Will leave it as a package at the moment but if I don't get any interest I will consider selling separately.

PadPoet

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Might be interested in a couple of hard disks depending on pricing if you split.

PadPoet

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Reaction score
United Kingdom
4TB WD RED - £80
4TB Seagate Ironwolf - £85
3TB Toshiba - £45

Could you do these for £200 delivered? Is there any warranty left in these drives? Could you provide some SMART info about them?

Thanks

Badar

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Reaction score
I'll take the 3TB Hitachi Ultrastar at asking then please.

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
Hi

A bit late to the party on this but...might you be interested in selling the entire set up complete? I could collect. totally no worries if not. If that's a possible, how much would you be looking for?

Cheers

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
Hi

A bit late to the party on this but...might you be interested in selling the entire set up complete? I could collect. totally no worries if not. If that's a possible, how much would you be looking for?

Cheers
I did originally have it for sale as a complete unit, I would ideally want around £380.

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
I did originally have it for sale as a complete unit, I would ideally want around £380.
Ah ok. Sorry, I hadn't seen that. Also, I'd actually be looking to install Win10 (or 7) on it so wouldn't need Windows Server. I'm assuming that's do-able? Could you also run some SMART diags on the HDDs and let me have the results.

Many thanks

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
Ah ok. Sorry, I hadn't seen that. Also, I'd actually be looking to install Win10 (or 7) on it so wouldn't need Windows Server. I'm assuming that's do-able? Could you also run some SMART diags on the HDDs and let me have the results.

Many thanks
Yes, it will easily run Win 7 or 10, I have added smart diags for the wd red and ironwolf, I will add the ultrastar and toshiba one later tonight.

As you can see the WD and seagate still have warranty left.

Just checked and the ultrastar has warranty until 27/02/2020 and the toshiba I believe has a 2 year warranty so that will have warranty until Aug 2019.

Attachments

Last edited:

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
Yes, it will easily run Win 7 or 10, I have added smart diags for the wd red and ironwolf, I will add the ultrastar and toshiba one later tonight.

As you can see the WD and seagate still have warranty left.
That's great. Thanks. Could you please post up some pics of the unit itself. Also, how are the sound levels?

Cheers

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
That's great. Thanks. Could you please post up some pics of the unit itself. Also, how are the sound levels?

Cheers
I will post pics once im home and also include the smart diag for the other 2 hard drives.

I cant say ive ever had issues with the sound level, its noticeable in a quite room but thats to be expected, when I had the tv on watching a film or tv I couldn't hear it at all.

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract

Cheers
Here are the smart diags for the other 2 hard drives and the pics of the server.

Attachments

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
Here are the smart diags for the other 2 hard drives and the pics of the server.
Thank you very much for the info. It's much appreciated.

If you don't mind, I'll give this some quick consideration and hopefully come back to you with an offer asap. Hope that's ok.

PadPoet

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Reaction score
United Kingdom
So just to be clear since there is another selling thread with HDDs who has priority now? @largeruk or myself on these hard disks? Just asking cause I need some HDDs fast. Thanks.

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
So just to be clear since there is another selling thread with HDDs who has priority now? @largeruk or myself on these hard disks? Just asking cause I need some HDDs fast. Thanks.
I would rather sell as a complete unit which is how it was originally advertised on here, I will wait to see what @largeruk comes back with.

PadPoet

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I would rather sell as a complete unit which is how it was originally advertised on here, I will wait to see what @largeruk comes back with.
Fair enough. I have asked about some other HDDs on another thread on AV Forums. Just mentioning it here for the sake of transparency. Many thanks.

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
Hi

Apologies for taking longer than I'd initially anticipated before coming back to you. Got quite a lot going on art the moment.

I've had a good think, done a lot of sums and would be happy to offer £290 collected. I know this is less than you wanted but it is already quite a bit beyond what I'd budgeted. In the circumstances, I will totally understand if you'd now rather split the system up and try to get more than that by selling components separately.

Your setup is (barring a low profile fanless graphics card) pretty much ideal for my purposes and I'd be pretty gutted if we couldn't sort something out but do understand if you want to go down a different path.

Cheers

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
Hi

Apologies for taking longer than I'd initially anticipated before coming back to you. Got quite a lot going on art the moment.

I've had a good think, done a lot of sums and would be happy to offer £290 collected. I know this is less than you wanted but it is already quite a bit beyond what I'd budgeted. In the circumstances, I will totally understand if you'd now rather split the system up and try to get more than that by selling components separately.

Your setup is (barring a low profile fanless graphics card) pretty much ideal for my purposes and I'd be pretty gutted if we couldn't sort something out but do understand if you want to go down a different path.

Cheers
I would be happy to deal at £320, this is less than I wanted but for collection Im willing to drop a fair bit.

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
I would be happy to deal at £320, this is less than I wanted but for collection Im willing to drop a fair bit.
In my haste, I actually mistyped the amount of my offer in my previous post. :(. I'm not trying to play hardball or being difficult or anything like that at all but I really can't get near your revised asking. I think you probably need to split your system up to maximise what you can get.

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
In my haste, I actually mistyped the amount of my offer in my previous post. :(. I'm not trying to play hardball or being difficult or anything like that at all but I really can't get near your revised asking. I think you probably need to split your system up to maximise what you can get.
Were you going to offer less than £290, if you could stretch to £300 then you have a deal and a bargain at the same time.

Last edited:

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
Were you going to offer less than £290.
Yes. As I said a mis-type on my part. FWIW I think your system is quite niche. You might find a buyer for the whole thing - or not - but clearly collection depends on someone interested being local. IMHO you'll maximise your return by selling the HDDs and Server OS separately and then perhaps the bare bones machine (SSD, blu-ray drive, RAM etc) as a standalone. Hope this helps.

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
Back up for sale, I would rather sell as a whole system bu will consider selling separately if the price is right.

largeruk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
Were you going to offer less than £290, if you could stretch to £300 then you have a deal and a bargain at the same time.
Given i have no need for Windows Server, how much would you be looking for without it?

Thanks

Terminator27

Rating - 100%
39   0   2
Reaction score
Pontefract
Given i have no need for Windows Server, how much would you be looking for without it?

Thanks
To be honest I didn't really factor in the cost of server 2016, I was just leaving it on to be nice.

I think considering I was offered 200 for 3 hard drives and asking for the other giving me 245, if it cost me 10 to post, at 300 your getting the media server, ssd and Blu-ray drive for 65.

I really think 300 is my lowest but if you are really interested you can have it for 290 but I won't be going any lower, its an absolute bargain at that price.