Question HP Compaq 6715B query


Active Member
I just have a small query about the base of the laptop. I can see that all of the components have a plastic cover on them. There is a long narrow rectangular section that doesn't have a cover over it. Has this always been the case? Or has it fallen off or been removed or fallen off? If something should be covering it do you have an idea where I could get it from? I have attached a photo so you can see what I mean.

I bought this used on ebay and the seller informed me that it is a docking connector is that correct? Should the connector be exposed/ on show when it not in use as shown in the picture, or should it have a plastic cover over it?



Distinguished Member
It does look like a docking connector and it's designed to allow you to drop the laptop into a docking station which sits on a desktop with peripherals connected.

There have been lots of connectors over the years but it is likely designed to be exposed for ease of use, although whether there would originally have been a cap in the box in case you never planned to use it I'm not sure.

Reviews of the laptop do show it exposed, for example:
Recenzja HP Compaq 6715b -

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom