1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp 7122 - Xga Dlp

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by theritz, Feb 9, 2005.

1. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hewlett Packard are entering the HC market with a range of projectors, the most interesting of which is the 7122. This is an XGA projector, 12degree mirrors, 6 segment wheel and has a retail of €1990, is priced at c. €1600 from European online retailers, so you can expect this to be hitting the UK market for a little over £1000. This will do 1024x576, same as a NEC HT1100 or the Infocus H57 or whatever the equivalent Optoma model is.......with quite a price differential. The appearance of the projector is different from the norm, a bit like the Epsons, looks like someone form Apple got in on the act :) .

Take a look, stuff originally posted on avsforum by someone from France - an interesting thread including comments form someone on the development team at HP.............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some screenshots.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As ever, the proof of the pudding is in the eating as far as performance is concerned, so it will be interesting to see some independent reviews. One thing sure and certain is that the long awaited pricedrop in DLPs is beginning to happen at last. I'd say that the HS50 is going to do some further damage to the pricing of 1280x720 DLPs, let's hope that we see their pricing get to more realistic levels soon.

Sean.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Details on HP's UK online store..... Click Here... £1039 ex vat, £1220.......4000hrs lamp life, but 34db....... hope the testers get their hands on one of these soon and tell us what the real-world peformance is like.

Sean G.

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Why oh why did you have to show me that!!

My god, that is one awesome looking machine. And those screen shots. OMG.

Time to sell the HS50 :)

Cap.

4. tux99

tux99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know where I can see a demo of a ep7122 anywhere in or around London? I'm really tempted by it but I wouldnt buy it without seeing it in action first.