1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 2335 23" LCD Screen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by plaver, Jul 24, 2005.

1. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    :hiya:
    I've just brought one of these little beauties and I was wondering if there is anybody else on here with this type of screen to share set-up settings, what the best graphics card to use etc.

2. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    No one here got one these :eek:

3. bocsta

bocsta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've seen quite a few of these on ebay for £400-£500. Where did you pick yours up from ?

Are HP clearing stock ? Any idead where you can purchase for this sort of money ?

4. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98

Funny you mentioning that, I brought mine from probably the same guy in Birmingham, very genuine seller, the one I got was used but come with 2 1/2 years on site warranty, he confirmed this online while I was there and printed out all the details. He carried out a full test for me and I had a little play while he sorted out drivers etc for me, No dead pixels etc. The only problem I had was my graphics card was only good for up to 1600x1200 and I was streching the display up to 1920x1200. I've now updated my card to a 6600 128meg card with 1920x1200 display. The display is now perfect and games look awesome and DVD playback blows you away. I keep meaning to set-up the PinP so that I can watch TV while surfing.

You also have so many inputs, component, S-Video etc. It's great piece of kit and well worth the money, there no way I could justify spending over 1k on a screen but the price I got it for was a bargain.

The only downside was, he will not send through the post so you have to pick up and it was a 270 mile round trip but was worth it.

5. bocsta

bocsta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Did you pick the HP up from Daniel on Ebay ?

Where do you think he scores these units from at such a good price ?

I'm in London and difficult to get to where he is

6. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    That's the guy, I don't have a clue where he gets the screens from, All I know is from previous experience is that I know employees get the offer of an number of units either per month or year, I know this to be true with DELL because I brought a brand new laptop from someone who was selling for an employee even though I had a problem, (machine not to spec as detailed in Auction), I just emailed the seller and 3 days later another new one was waiting for me to pick-up
    with all the paperwork and when I checked the build number on the DELL web site, it listed the build date, spec and warranty. As for going to pick up, it took just over two hours from inside the M25 and about 3 hours because the traffic was a bit heavy coming back.

7. Shakey21

Shakey21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've got the Hp F2304 and use Radion x300 and that works well at 1920 x 1200

8. bocsta

bocsta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Risky

Does Daniel work for HP.That would explain it and make me more comfortable giving him my cash.

He has a couple on ebay now and the date of manufacture is only May 2005 so they have hardly had time to go cold from the factory line!

9. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    :hiya: bocsta
    I don't know, I didn't ask. Going by his feedback and working from home I don't really see a problem, I would think twice if he didn't allow personall pick up. I won't deal with anybody on ebay with expensive items unless they allow pick up/payment in person

10. bocsta

bocsta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Risky

The other thing I was reading about today was

on component/composite/SVid the 16:9 image being stretched to 16:10. So the image is a little distorted.

I think there is the option to autosize but this is not possible for component or the sources I listed above.

Have you experienced the above. do you notice it watching a movie or on console gaming ?

11. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    :hiya: bocsta,
    To be honest I haven't used the component feed or S-Video, I see this as a added extra and something I wouldn't use on a regular basis, I have played LOTR ROTK and Dave Gilmour Live through the display via my PC and the picture is awesome, but that's my opinion which might not be the same as someone else. The graphics card used was a 6600 which has the display 1920x1200 and my display does not look distorted,

Have you downloaded the manual, it's not much good but might be some help.

if you haven't the link is here