Howard the Duck 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Its a very entertaining film with some very funny acting by Jeffrey Jones once he
starts to turn into an alien banging on about the Dark Overlord
I just don't get peoples disdain for this film as its one of the better bad films of the 80s.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
All I can say is...
Screenshot 2021-07-10 at 13.25.44.png

James Thomas 75

A scroll down to a pair of 9’s is all I need to know.

If household funds can afford 20 quid to watch the latest Marvel effort. I’m sure I can (hopefully) get round to justifying this :D

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Its a hoot once it gets going. Trust me this film isn't for the birds 🤣
Little known fact about this film is its one of Mark Kermode's favourite films.
I kid you not.

Last edited:

Dorian

But it is as if with each good decision there were two bad, like there was no quality control for the finished product. You find yourself asking, “how could this happen”, then Indiana Jones 4 comes to mind, and the common denominator falls into place.
Well that raised a chuckle and a nod of agreement Simon, enjoyed that one!!

Jeff

Distinguished Member
I bought Howard the Duck in 4K but it came in an odd square shape format, it says it’s for Commodore players but I have a Panasonic
D68A9A61-D2D8-47EF-BD74-5372B07F76DF.jpeg

brian s

Distinguished Member
I love the film. I first bought the censored UK Laserdisc and then the uncensored US version. I have just received my 4K copy. Happy days.

👍
Bri

James Thomas 75

I love the film. I first bought the censored UK Laserdisc and then the uncensored US version. I have just received my 4K copy. Happy days.

👍
Bri

Can’t believe it’s taken you this long to appear on the thread and back me up with this masterpiece :D

Dorian

I bought Howard the Duck in 4K but it came in an odd square shape format, it says it’s for Commodore players but I have a Panasonic View attachment 1540044
Oh this takes me back, didn't it get 19% in Zzap64, it was some mega low score I'm sure

gadget man

Never seen this and never will, A Film called Howard The Duck sounds crap. Why release a 4K disc what's next Superman IV quest for peace.

Buckster666

I want the Synder Cut of Howard the Duck. 4 hours long in 1.33:1 ratio

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Just think of all the classic films not to get a 4K release yet. Im sure thousands of people were praying for this in 4K..

brian s

Distinguished Member
Brilliant comic, beyond awful film.

I loved the comic book back in the day but the film is an entirely different beast. It is an excellent film though. It's a sheer joy to watch. I remember so many people telling me how bad it was but most of them hadn't actually seen it. I used to play my Laserdisc to friends and relatives. The majority of them thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bri

James Thomas 75

I loved the comic book back in the day but the film is an entirely different beast. It is an excellent film though. It's a sheer joy to watch. I remember so many people telling me how bad it was but most of them hadn't actually seen it. I used to play my Laserdisc to friends and relatives. The majority of them thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bri

Bit off topic Bri.
But has this version still got the bleep when he’s watching the newscast on tv chatting to the duck hunters?

brian s

Distinguished Member
Bit off topic Bri.
But has this version still got the bleep when he’s watching the newscast on tv chatting to the duck hunters?

Not off topic at all. I haven't watched it yet but I assume it will be the same. I'm not sure if any version of the film didn't include the bleep. Do you remember a version without it? Even if it is a bit of modern day censorship it's one I can live with. I'm not sure if I still have either of my Laserdiscs. I'll check. My Laserdisc player worked the last time I used it so I'll give them a look if I can put my hands on one of them.

Bri

mazon27091

Worst Marvel movie ever and that's a pretty low bar eg Man-Thing, Captain America TV Movies (70s), Generation X, Fantastic Four (94 & 2015), Nick Fury Agent of Shield, X-Men 3 and The Punisher to name a few of the turds that circle that bowl. I could go on but I won't :)

George Lucas has made some terrible decisions in his career, this is the worst.

rccarguy2

I watched Bram Stokers Val Helsing yesteday god that is dirge.

Howard the Duck is far better movie, you don't know what you're talking about.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky drops Sky One brand and introduces Showcase and Max
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Roam NC, affordable TWS earbuds
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba smart TVs add Amazon Music and Twitch apps
  • By Andy Bassett