How?

danboy775

Standard Member
I am offshore at the moment, at nights we have MW2 tournaments, not online as we cant connect to the system just split screen.

There are two tv's two ps3's but only one copy of mw2 so we are just playing split screen on the one tv.

I was wondering if there is a way so we can use both tv's, if so how would we go about it? or even use both ps'3 but would we need 2 copies of the game to do this?

Any info would be appreciated.

Ta

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
The Ps3 does not output dual video sources simulataniously (Meaning HDMI and Composite at the same time)

So the only idea I could have is if you have an HDMI, Component or Scart splitter (that splits one source into two).

But you would obviously need to buy that anyway, and you would still only get the split screen.

So it would likely be cheaper to buy a second copy of MW2.

I think other than buying a second MW2 there is no options.

Do you have two 360s there?

StuR6

Novice Member
So the only idea I could have is if you have an HDMI, Component or Scart splitter (that splits one source into two).
You mean like in the days when as kids we split the signal off the N64 while playing Perfect dark or Golden Eye, and had 2 TV's; each with cerial packet cardboard taped over the opponents part of the screen. Amazingly poor, if you think in those days we had like 18 or 21 inch TV's, lol.

Cheap, but worked. :smashin:

Without that, we all developed the technique of always having our peripheral vision pegged on thier screen, and thus always knowing where tehy were. made for mad, fast 1v1 situations around corners; I remember coming out in one corner of a big aztec room, knowing they were down the corridor at the far end, and launching a deluge of Superdragon nades over there. Mad fun.

If you can spare the extra few quid, then just buy the second game disc. But then you'll also need a network cable too right? (same cable if you were hard wiring into a router).

Last edited:

danboy775

Standard Member
yeah i got a network cable, the game we are using belongs to the platform welfare dept, i am due off here on friday but will be back out the following week so i will be taking my copy with me.

PROMETHEUS30

Novice Member
You mean like in the days when as kids we split the signal off the N64 while playing Perfect dark or Golden Eye, and had 2 TV's; each with cerial packet cardboard taped over the opponents part of the screen. Amazingly poor, if you think in those days we had like 18 or 21 inch TV's, lol.

Cheap, but worked. :smashin:
Classic, I remember doing this....Brilliant fun!

danboy775

Standard Member
another question: i will be downloading the new map pack to my ps3 when i get home on friday, is it possible to put them onto a portable HD and upload them onto the platforms ps3, or is there any other way of going about this?

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Thats not going to work Dan. There may be a cheeky lil trick for system to system copys which was made available during a recent firmware upgrade but we wouldn't host such info here. The only legit way is to buy them seperately for each console.

danboy775

Standard Member
the consoles we use offshore cant connect to the net so there is no way of buying them for those ps3's.

Fmrl

Novice Member
I don't think it's possible to transfer the map packs to another PS3.

StuR6

Novice Member
the consoles we use offshore cant connect to the net so there is no way of buying them for those ps3's.
Never? Not even in port?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom