2- Svideo,
3- RGB SCART

So

Do I go
Sky+ via RGB Scart
DVD via component
S-VHS via S video

But how about The XBOX!

I will have to plug & unplug the DVD to plug the XBOX to component - talking of inconvenience.:mad:

Then the matter of sound

If I connect Sky+ via RGB SCART - how to connect to the AMP and How to treat LipSync issue.

Please help me guys, I want to surprise the mrs when she gets back from abroad!!:D

Cheers

Amouda

switch/share.

I have all my stuff combined into svideo before going down a single wire to my LCD screen.

You could do the same, or just mix a couple.

Xbox is most flexible - svideo/RGB/component all available. If its a PAL box and not modded, then I would imagine much difference between any of these

So, you could have Sky+ and Xbox going into a SCART switcher, then out to your screen.

you could feed the Xbox and DVD thru the AX5i component in/out ports.

Does the S-VHS only have SVideo out??

The Sky+ could then go RGB Scart

Lipsync, I find, is only a problem on poor sky channels eg UK Style etc, movies/sky1 appear fine

Gary

Thank you Gary

Let me see if I got it right:
1- XBOX & DVD go to AX5i component inputs, then to the Plasma's single component from the AX5i component output.

2-Sky+ goes straight to the Plasma's SCART RGB.

3-S-VHS to the Plasma Via S-Video

Actually the SVHS also has SCART!

Any idea what kind of connection to I need for sound.

Sorry I am very new, will the component connection from DVD & XBOX carry audio & Video through the AX5i

How about Sky+ sound, do I need coaxial or optical cable to run to the AX5i

Cheers

Amouda

DVD and XBOX will run direct digital audio to the amp

Sky+ should run an optical audio to the amp, but via the scart will already be sending analogue audio to the plasma so if you have the optional speakers you can simply flick on Sky and watch it, or crank up the amp and watch SKy in full surround

SVHS will probably do s-video via scart, so SVHS connection or scart connection will be no different. Might wanna run SVHS + analogue audio direct from Sky+ to VCR for recording purposes.

Let me see if I got it right:
1- XBOX & DVD go to AX5i component inputs, then to the Plasma's single component from the AX5i component output.
1A - Yep, thats correct

2-Sky+ goes straight to the Plasma's SCART RGB.
again, that's spot on

3-S-VHS to the Plasma Via S-Video
one possibility, the other is that you feed it thru tha AX5i also, using one of the 5 SVideo In/out sockets on the AX5

Any idea what kind of connection to I need for sound.

Sorry I am very new, will the component connection from DVD & XBOX carry audio & Video through the AX5i Component only carries Video, sound will be via digital cable (coaxial or fibre depending on the device

How about Sky+ sound, do I need coaxial or optical cable to run to the AX5i

According to the AX5i manual you have 5 digital audio inputs (3 optical (one at front), 2 digital). not sure what all your device have, DVD could have both types, Sky+ not sure, Xbox is optical if you have offical MS Hi-def kit.

So Video,

DVD ->AV Amp (comp in)->|
.........................|->AV Amp Comp Out -> Plasma component in
Xbox->AV Amp (comp in)->|

Sky -> Plasma RGB scart

S-VHS ->AV Amp->Plasma SVideo In

Audio
DVD->AV Amp (Optical In)
Xbox->AV Amp (optical in 2)
Sky->AV Amp (optical/coaxial, not sure what Sky+ has)

Hope this makes some sense, got me a bit confused too :)

Gary

Thank you Liam

Great help you are

I do not have the optional speakers, but now that you mentioned it I am considering having them.

This way the Mrs. Can watch Sky as normal TV and when we watch a Sky movie whe can just switch on the Amp for a 5.1 mode.

I have one more question please, with all the equipment Plasma, DVD, SVHS, Sky+ Is it going to be a complete mess of remote enties – Is it worth investing in a do it all remote like Philips Pronto.

Thank you

Amouda

Gary

This is excellent, I will try all you said over the W/E and get back to you with the results.

Any idea about the Remote contolS mess, do I really need a Pronto?

Many thanks

Emad

A decent programmable remote is an absolute Godsend if you ask me!!! If you do go the remote route (and can persuade the wife to actually use it) you won't need the optional speakers since the remote will make sure that there is sound

Ok

- Plasma W/O speakers attached looks much better.
- Speakers cost £150 so can save it & put money towards remote.
- Wife would prefer using 1 remote instead of six.

Now where do I find someone to program a remote or (Supply & program).:confused:

Simon

This sounds too good to be true!! It looks like what I reaaaaly need.
At £100 it is not as expensive as £250 Pronto.

What do you need to do to teach it! Just press your existent remotes?!

Thanks

Amouda, this thing is no pronto substitute, but if you want, give it a go, and when you get fed up drop me a PM and I'll do you a pronto/marantz touchscreen.

Thank you MAW, will consider your offer. I can try this one as £100 is no big deal. If the mrs & myself are 80% satisfied then it will do. If however we feel we could do better I might give the Pronto or Marantz a go with MAW.

You've done some odd programs if your pronto is slow. The new 950 is slow until you flash the firmware with the new version, but my 940 is pretty instant, and Marantz of all flavours are quick.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom