• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How would I go about turning my silver speakers to black ?

BISHI

Distinguished Member
Try a trade on the classifieds.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
You could get them powder coated...if they would withstand the process (I have no idea if they would)

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I don't think they would withstand powder coating as that involves the items being placed in an oven.

There is the obvious - spray paint or you could try taking them to a sign maker and having them wrapped in a matt vinyl.

nheather

Distinguished Member
I think because the grill and the area behind the grill is silver, you would need to take them apart and then get them sprayed.

Just had a look at my CD50s and they have screws on the back and plastic end-caps that look removeable.

So if they come are easy and you can remove the divers and front grill then spray painting should be quite straight forward.

Cheers,

Nigel

Det

Distinguished Member
Grab a 12 inch stick. Widdle it down and sand it. Enchant it. Then point the pointy end at your speakers and say "Coloress Blackess" and they will turn black.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom