How will we know?

the whistler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ignoring all the speculation and rumours, when Sky do actually announce the availabilty date, how will they do this? Where will we expect to see the official announcement of availability and prices?

the whistler said:
Ignoring all the speculation and rumours, when Sky do actually announce the availabilty date, how will they do this? Where will we expect to see the official announcement of availability and prices?

I'd expect a press release and an announcement on their web site. There are plenty of people here with their ear to the ground waiting for the announcement, so expect it to be posted (and confirmed) as soon as it happens.

the whistler said:
We can expect to see it in Sky Magazine, on every Sky channel, on the Sky website, via a Sky email spamfest, on cards in phone boxes, on backs of cigarette packs..:D

I'm not so sure. It's probably best to do a soft launch until they can ascertain demand and make sure they can meet orders given the boxes they have. I'm hoping they start off low key until their systems are all in place rather than seeing an xBox 360 launch fiasco, which alienated a lot of people.

SKy have said that HD will not be pushed until around Christmas time. So I would not be surprised if their had no real launch like with the T-Drive.

White Noise said:
Logic would say with an email to all those that signed up for info :D
:devil:

Who is this Logic fellow and how does he know? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

No logic to any of this, hence the :devil: ;)

I noticed film poster sized Sky HD ads outside our local Odeon last week.

These spaces are usually occupied by large company's products like Pizza Hut, so they must be gearing up for quite a big launch, unless they're targetting a few prime sites.

James Murdoch said that the main promotion would happen in the second half the the year in the run-up to Christmas. I guess they are doing some general "awareness building" at the moment.

To be honest, I'll be happier with a low key launch. I'll be livid if I miss out on the first batch after all this waiting!

James Murdoch said that the main promotion would happen in the second half the the year in the run-up to Christmas. I guess they are doing some general "awareness building" at the moment.

Ill be gutted if its then, havent they always said early 2006? In my mind that means the first half of the year. Running up to xmas is not early 2006- id be livid if thats the case!!

birdseed said:
Ill be gutted if its then, havent they always said early 2006? In my mind that means the first half of the year. Running up to xmas is not early 2006- id be livid if thats the case!!

The launch will happen in Spring 2006 (hopefully), but Murdoch says that the strong promotion of it won't happen until the later. I assume it's because boxes will be in short supply (but he didn't say that).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom