how update the pace 810KP to the kpr or xe

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
You should still be able to do an NIT or exhaustive scan even if the box still thinks it is on Astra or Hotbird.
I haven't done this, but I did use the frequency scan to manually scan and find a channel on a satellite that isn't in the table (W2, 16 East). The STB thinks it's on Astra at 19E but it doesn't stop me receiving it.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
AH , I understand now.
You were trying to do the OTA (Over The Air) software upgrade.

Pace have an Asia support page on their website :
http://www.pacemicro.com/int/home/main.asp?type=SUBPAGE2

I suggest you ask them.
If the DS810 is not officially sold in SE Asia, then they are not going to pay to put it on a local satellite.

Chris Muriel, Manchester, UK

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
What could you do if you actually had the software ?
The Pace810 does not have a serial port (Com Port).
How would you load it (without opening the box , removing the EEPROM and reprogramming it with an EEPROM programmer) ?

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
If the USB port is enabled for data transfer this might be possible, but Pace would have to suppply you with the software and a loader program.
However, in the handbook the USB port is listed as "not currently used" and so probably does not function ; you will have to ask Pace to confirm this.
The only use for it otherwise, is as a charger for devices that can charge via a USB port.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

expectingtofly

andytvro said:
i think i can use the usb port to pc update the software,if i have the software

Even if you could get Pace to supply you with the software, the Pace box can only be updated through the scart socket using a special seriel-to-scart cable. The USB socket is not used.

andytvro

Standard Member
But now did not connect thus, I discover that the memory is to seal to pack after tear open the machine of, can't dismantle down to read data and write down the data, is that this machine can't UPDATE THE SOFTWARE

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom