• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to wire in a Karaoke player to a AVR set up

joner7777

Kids keep on and on ......
I have a Vocalstar karaoke player , a Marantz sr 7011 avr and a older Denon 1200x avr, unused.
The problem is that they like to sing along with youtube videos on a projection screen with the sound loud but,
how can i incorporate the karaoke microphones to use the same speakers as my Marantz?
I tried a while back with a mixer from ebay that had a HDMI input so i could take off the feed from a xbox 1 then take off the audio ,route it through the karaoke then including the mics but it looked and sounded terrible.

So i disconnected it and left it , but they want it back.

Is there any way i could use my second avr in the process without having x2 amps wired into the same speakers?
I tried using a chromecast but i still have to mix the audio somehow.

D

Deleted member 24354

Just take the HDMI out of the Vocalstar and feed it into one of the HDMI inputs of the Marantz. This then feeds the speakers and the projector. Job done. If you need a second one, the VS400 costs £60

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom