• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to Watch Programmes

paulie3

Standard Member
Could anyone please advise me on how I can watch programmes that I have downloaded onto my desktop PC on my TV? Also could I do this without a lead?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Without knowing anything about your setup it's impossible to say whether it's even possible, let alone which would be the best way to do it.

There are basically two ways to do it:

1. Use the TV as a display directly via an HDMI cable or similar. This is possible wirelessly but it requires a lot of bandwidth so the wireless solutions tend to have limitations (resolution, range, line of sight requirement) and can be expensive.

2. Have a network capable TV or device connected to the TV retrieve the video files from the PC over your home network (wifi) and then do the playing itself. This solution can have a much better range and may be cheaper if you have such a device but will be limited to certain file formats.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom