How to view video shot on Pana SDR-H85

JEG649

Standard Member
i'm sure this is a really old question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere!

We bought a Panasonic SDR-H85 earlier this year and are really please with it. We can watch the saved videos on PCs with the Panasonic proprietary software loaded onto it but when we try and watch (and listen) to the vids on PCs without the software, they launch as Real player files but with no sound...

I am assuming there is some converter software I need to convert from the Panasonic file structure into something like avi or mp4 or similar?

Recommendation/ideas?

senu

Distinguished Member
You shouldn't convert then just get the right codec or better still

Try
VLC
MPC-HC
or
Splash

All free and although more useful for high def will easily play the Pannys files. You need to "unassociate" the files from Real Player though as it doesnt have the right codec

Last edited:

JEG649

Standard Member
Cheers Senu. Albeit i am looking to play the vid on a friends laptop so will need to provide them with this software (and i could just as well share with them the Panasonic software). I was really after something which could convert so it could be played using commonly used software like Realplayer, Win media player or quicktime.

senu

Distinguished Member
Cheers Senu. Albeit i am looking to play the vid on a friends laptop so will need to provide them with this software (and i could just as well share with them the Panasonic software). I was really after something which could convert so it could be played using commonly used software like Realplayer, Win media player or quicktime.

Convert by all means ( not a good idea) but the software I linked is just as common as Real ect and may be better:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom