How to use Netflix on Philips 46PFL9706K/02

rsbrux

Novice Member
Having failed to get program recording to work on my 10-year old Philips TV (see this thread), I am now trying to set up Netflix on it. It doesn't have a built-in Netflix app, nor was I able to find one in the list of available "Net TV" apps. However, Netflix works fine in Safari on an iPad Air 2, so I would expect it to work in the TV's built-in "Internet App". However, I am unable to sign in to Netflix. When I attempt to do so (using the same e-mail address and password that I have successfully used on the aforementioned iPad Air, a Panasonic TV and a Samsung TV), I get an invalid password error. How can I get this to work?

P.S. I would ask this question on the new? Philips support site:
but
  1. I can't find a way to post in the so-called "forum".
  2. The site always comes up in Dutch, even though I registered in English.
  3. Although it asked for one during registration, no language preference is visible in my profile.
  4. I can't do anything on the profile page without being repeatedly prompted to identify pictures of bridges, bicycles, crosswalks or fire hydrants.

Last edited:

l00pu5

I highly doubt that this is going to word as the browser implementation of this TV set is basically 10 years old, thereby implying that all features that were introduced in the course of the last 10 years are basically non-existent on the TV. Netflix will rely on many features that are not natively supported by the TV's web browser, ergo it will most likely not work at all.

Try grabbing a 10 year old Android phone - same principle. Close to nothin will still work sufficiently fine.

Hence, this is an elaborate way of saying that it's fairly safe to assume that the TV and its featrure set are simply outdated for what you're planning to do.

Hook up e.g. an Amazon FireTV stick and you're settled. Everything else will be a huge pain in the butt, IMHO.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom