Question How to use an Yamaha Musiccast home cinema with a BenQ W1090 video projector ?

Minikeuf

Novice Member
Hello,

I still can't get phone support from Yamaha France (my country), and they don't answer on their Facebook page via Messenger either.

Here's a new question if you can help me please:

I have a BenQ W1090 video projector, on which I send my movies thanks to a Google Chromecast. The video projector is located behind me. Opposite, a white wall with only one electrical outlet.

I want to buy a home cinema pack with the Yamaha Musiccast 400 sound bar + subwoofer + x2 Yamaha Musiccast 20 surround sound.

I have two questions:

1/ Can all the elements be connected to each other without having to connect the sound bar in HDMI or WiFi network? Basically, if I only plug my sound bar into an electrical outlet and put it on a coffee table in front of me, will the sound still be well distributed over all the Musiccast elements in the room?

2/ I believe that the Musiccast system is not yet compatible with Google Chromecast, so I'm thinking of connecting a bluetooth receiver/transmitter to the sound jack of my video projector (like this one on Amazon https://cutt.ly/jgGmlwh), in order to connect in bluetooth one of the two Musiccast 20 speakers, and that the distribution of the sound between the different Musiccast elements is done automatically via the connection of the Yamaha system. Is this a good idea or too unstable?

Many thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Soundbar - is that a good match with your projected image in terms of positioning the Soundbar?

MusicCast - with no network connection I can't see you being anything but frustrated with the hardware even if you can configure it without one, which I am not sure is possible.

Projector audio - you connect your Source devices to the Soundbar not the Surround speaker. Using Bluetooth to connect the Projector to the Soundbar could be problematic if you are also using Bluetooth with another Source device.

I suspect your push for a 'wireless' system will come with way too many limitations.

Joe

Minikeuf

Novice Member
Thank you for your honesty. Actually, that's what I was thinking about using a projector with a Yamaha Musiccast system...if I want "wireless", at least one component must be wired to the projector.

Otherwise, I was thinking of a wired link between the video projector and a Musiccast amplifier, which will make the wireless link with the other elements (sound bar, subwoofer and 2 surround speakers). What do you think about it?

If not, do you know of a home cinema model with the same budget (800€ maximum) that would meet a wireless installation request? Always with the use of the BenQ W1090.

Thanks again Jeo,

Paul

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hi Paul

'Wireless' is always tricky as you still require power to the various devices.

BENQ W1090 - is going to be a limiting factor as it only supports Stereo audio.

Have you considered connecting the Source to the Soundbar which will deliver a surround signal to the Soundbar and then a long HDMI cable from the Soundbar to the Projector - you can use the 'wireless' Surround speakers :)

Joe

Minikeuf

Novice Member
Yes I considered this option (with a long HDMI cable to the projector). But I don't understand when you talk about "connecting the Source to the Soundbar", you mean connecting the Google Chromecast to the Soundbar and then another HDMI to the projector ? I send movies on Chromecast, and you think that connecting video on soundbar and then hdmi to projector it will works ?

On the Yamaha Musiccast Soundbar 400, there are 2 HDMI connectors : HDMI (in) and HDMI (out - ARC). Which connector for Chromecast and which for long HDMI cable to the projector ?

Thanks a lot Joe !

Paul

Minikeuf

Novice Member
I thought about Chromecast on projector and long analog Jack cable from projector to the Soundbar. It doesn't work like it ?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Chromecast HDMI > Soundbar HDMI In.

Soundbar HDMI Out (ARC) > Projector HDMI (In)

That will deliver optimal audio and video in your system.

Joe

Minikeuf

Novice Member
Thank you very much for your time and advice !
I will let you know my experience when I buy devices :)
Have a nice week
Paul

Minikeuf

Novice Member
It works with perfection, even if I have a hdmi cable which runs along the wall of the room :/ thank you again :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom