• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to upgrade from NAD 3020?

G

gunsixsix

Hello all. I am looking to upgrade my system, all I've got so far are the speakers and I'm unsure about what to change next. My set up is: an old NAD 3020, a 15 year old budget Sony CD player, Project 1.2 tt, and my new speakers, Quad 11L2. I like the warmth of my NAD but am sure it's failing to show off the Quads potential in detail, imaging etc. And obviously the cdp has to go. I was thinking about an Arcam CD73, or maybe a Cambridge 640. As for the amp, I've no idea. I'm looking on ebay, figuring it will get me a better-quality kit than I could afford if buying new. My budget per component is around the 300 pound mark, or less if poss. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

GW43

Prominent Member
If you're thinking of the Arcam CD73 then have a look for an Arcam A85 or A90 amp, second hand.

The A85 is excellent, the A90 just had a slightly different power supply I believe.

You should get an A85 for around £300.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom