How to un-Brick a DM800HD PVR?

laketaupoholida

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All.
Fingers crossed that there is someone out there who can help me.
Being fairly new to the world of DreamBox and not being that clever when it comes to computers etc. I hope there is someone who can help.

1/ I purchased a DM800HD PVR and it was working perfectly.

2/ Like a di*khead I thought I would upgrade the operating system from gemini 2 to the latest which was on offer at DM 800 HD PVR | dream-multimedia-tv.de along with the Dreamup software.

3/Having acquired the correct crossover modem cable I set to work to upgrade the system.
Wait for it-----because here it comes!

Now my little black box of tricks comes up with the infamous wwwdm7000.com error1 CA on the display.
Now it won't do all and I can't reload or install anything. I am at the point where I am about to throw it out the window.
PLEASE, is there ANY clever person that can give me detailed instructions and links to where and how I can salvage this situation?

And if anyone is reading this and thinking of having a go – if it isn't broke leave it alone!

Many thanks in advance.
Regards.

Last edited:
Welcome to AVF.
Please read the forum rules again.
I agree - if it's not broke don't fix it - but this time no doubt our DB enthusiasts will get you right again.
Logi.

is it a genuine dm800?

is it a genuine dm800?
Hi 1080 jawbreaker.

That is the $60,000 question.

I consider myself a fairly honest sort of person and I live with the same integrity as I try to treat others – saying that, the person whom I purchased the DreamBox from assured me it was 100% the genuine article. Because of his assurance, and I had no reason to doubt him, was why I was attempting to update the software from the genuine DreamBox site.

I have since contacted the person/company from where I purchased the box and surprise, surprise, the company is no more and the person has immigrated back to Malaysia.

So as embarrassed as I am at not only being ripped off and my DM800HD PVR appears to be a “clone” my family are now without TV.

Any ideas?:lease:

Many Regards.

even if its a clone it is still recoverable,

disconnect the power to the box, hold the standby button and reconnect the power (while holding the standby button) after a few seconds what is displayed on the box lcd display?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 1080 jawbreaker.

Having done as you asked the display has the below.

Dream Multimedia
→ error!
Look at www.dm7000.com
* ERR01 : NO CA FOUND

I really appreciate any help.

Regards.

You need a null cable and this software called DreamUp to load another image on it.If you pm me your email I'll send you the patched version of Dreamup,this one takes around 4 minutes whilst the un-patched version takes around an hour.
Or google it.
By the way,does your computer have a RS232 port?

You need a null cable and this software called DreamUp to load another image on it.If you pm me your email I'll send you the patched version of Dreamup,this one takes around 4 minutes whilst the un-patched version takes around an hour.
Or google it.
By the way,does your computer have a RS232 port?

Hi Oily.
Thanks for replying.

It’s all been rather a saga getting the required equipment for this little project. I have installed an RS232 card in my computer and have the Null Modem Cable. I used DreamUP to try to install the update from the DreamBox web site so I guess it all works.

I have since tried DreamUP again in case I was doing something wrong but once it has “loaded” to the DreamBox the display changes on the DreamBox as mentioned in the previous post and then DreamUP just “hangs” not giving me any other options including “flash”. I therefore don’t think the DreamUP software which I downloaded from DM 800 HD PVR | dream-multimedia-tv.de will work?

I will PM you as mentioned. Many thanks for your help.:thumbsup:

Regards.

Hi All.

Well thanks to all that replied and gave assistance to my cry for help. I have finally resolved/repaired my DM800HD PVR. Without a forum like this for people like me, people like me would be absolutely stuffed!

Below is what I did to resolve the situation. I hope listing it below might help some poor individual in the future who ends up in the same predicament as I did.

1/ As the box was non responsive using the official DreamUP application I was kindly forwarded a copy of “DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas” which allowed me to get to a point where the flash button was available to me so I could flash (install) the box with a new operating system. I must add that I used a NULL MODEM CABEL to accomplish this. For all that did not know, THIS IS NOT A RS232 CABLE. I know this now as I bought one, got it home, it didn't work, so I check the net, realised my dumb mistake, returned to the shop and purchased the correct cable after paying the hefty difference in price. I also installed a serial card into my computer so I could plug the thing into. I guess I could have used a USB adaptor but hindsight is so great!

2/ Having installed the DreamBox with the patched DreamUP I then initially tried to flash the box with the official version of the latest update for the DM800HD PVR from the DreamBox web site. This did not work and was an hour of my life I won't be getting back. I then reinstalled the patched DreamUP and this time flashed (installed) my DM800HD PVR with “NabiloBlackHole_DM800_012_8a8f8.nfi”. This worked first time flawlessly. This also took about an hour to load but apparently I could also have used my network to flash the box and would have taken minutes but it was all a bit daunting as to how this was done so I stuck with the Null Modem cable as it kept it simple.

I then reconnected all the cabling to the TV and FTP'd my channel list using Dream Edit back to the box. which I had fortunately saved prior to the commencement of all these games, and hey presto – job done.

I must add that I really like the interface and usability of the BlackHole software. Given the choice, I would have preferred this interface from a usability standpoint from the beginning but that's just my two cents worth. All in all is been a rather educational experience. I would have like to have added the files which I used to this posting for all to have and use but my understanding is that it would be against the rules of this forum for whom without I would not have received the help I needed and revived my viewing pleasure. I have listed the files that I used so I think a bit of clever detective work and using Mr. Google you should find them fairly easily on the net.

So there ends the tail of my “clone” DreamBox and efforts to revive it. Good luck if you have done the same to your DreamBox and thanks again to those that took the time to respond to my posting.

Regards.:arty:

Last edited:
I would have like to have added the files which I used to this posting for all to have and use but my understanding is that it would be against the rules of this forum
Take a good look at the rules and decide whether it WOULD be against any of them.
If not, post the links.

Take a good look at the rules and decide whether it WOULD be against any of them.
If not, post the links.

Thanks for the nudge Logiciel. Below are links that will get you the software that I used to repair my DM800HD PVR. They both worked like a charm first time for me and I have just tested both links prior to posting them on this forum.

The patched DreamUP software DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas that works on your DreamBox when you get that :censored: error message on your DreamBox display can be downloaded at:

DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

The operating system file NabiloBlackHole_DM800_012_8a8f8.nfi can be downloaded at:

Download NabiloBlackHole DM800 012 8a8f8.nfi from megaupload.com - Filestube.com - download everything

Once again many thanks and I hope this helps someone.

Regards.:smashin:

Glad you got it sorted :smashin:

By the way the Blackhole images are good but have been left behind by some of the newer images around ;)

Glad you got it sorted :smashin:

By the way the Blackhole images are good but have been left behind by some of the newer images around ;)

Hi Oily.

Thanks for all your help with the “you know what”!

If you could suggest or point me in the right direction regarding applications better than the BlackHole I am always open to suggestions. I only used the BlackHole because it was readily available and easily found on the net. Saying that, it's working great now.

I did notice that the BlackHole application, which I have installed, is dated 2008 so I presumed there is something more up to date/better available? By using a more up to date/newer application is there much more advantage to it compared to the BlackHole application? I need to make sure it's worth the effort now that it's working.

Unfortunately I might need to wait for the dust to settle before I embark on another update just so I don't the wife off any more by up the DreamBox again.:D

Many thanks.
Regards.

The image you have is good and stable so, if it aint broke etc. However if you want to experiment a bit more take a note of your Boot loader, 72, 76c etc and see if you can find out what sim you are on. This info is needed to determine the best images available for your box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom